Gigabyte P34G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by spicypixel, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just noticed Bluetooth is flagged as "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" in device manager as well. All other Intel networking related stuff is working fine. (Intel 7260AC for Wifi).

I don't use any Bluetooth devices, so this isn't a huge deal. Wonder if it's related to whatever broke Optimus and my 760m in the Windows 10 transition though.

2. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Update: Installed the chipset driver package from Gigabyte's website for the v2, since the v1 doesn't have Windows 10 as an OS option.

From this page:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4927&dl=1#dl

After a reboot the 760m was recognized, by the HD 4600 was disabled.

After another reboot both were enabled and I was able to install the latest 355.60 package from NVidia, it appears to be working.

HD 4600 has drivers which are apparently newer than the package available from Intel's website. Weird green distorted playback on some video files (so far they all have this Video info: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 23.976fps (h264 high 10 L5.0, yuv420p10le, 1920x1080) [default]] but other than that all is well again.

edit: Fixed the green video problem by fiddling with LAV settings. All good! Leaving the Intel drivers alone for now, despite version number weirdness.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    tomsliwowski likes this.
  3. tomsliwowski

tomsliwowski Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Glad it worked for you. I basically did the same thing but used the P34W drivers instead of the P34G drivers.

nemt likes this.
  4. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not sure who to give "shat the bed" credit to on this one, Intel, Nvidia or MS.

:rolleyes:

5. Medical

Medical Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got my laptop back and so far it's already crashed once without warning..thinking the motherboard may fry once more but we'll see. That's all I have to report for now.

6. Medical

Reputations:
    Laptop is going back to gigabyte once again..sigh. Definitely was not fixed. They tried to pass the buck in an email saying to double box it or something as it's probably shipping damage- no way it's possible as I had fedex box it in their most expensive laptop shipping box as I watched, special static sleeve for the laptop, egg crate padding, guarantee of no damage and all. There's no way to pack it any more securely. I'm positive it just wasn't thoroughly tested/fixed.

On the plus side, they did send me a shipping label this time so I don't have to pay shipping the second time around.

If I do get this thing fixed there's no way I'm upgrading to 10 based on the problems people are reporting on here and other sites haha. Not worth the risk yet.

If it's not fixed/replaced in a timely manner there's no way I'll ever let anyone buy a GB laptop again- ridiculous to have to go through this twice.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  7. Medical

Reputations:
    Yep so this second time around on my laptop RMA my experience has been disappointing.

Quick summary of first RMA: had faulty motherboard, was replaced and sent back, turns out computer spontaneously powers down upon stressing it for a period of time (hour or 2).

2nd RMA:
    Sent back to gigabyte- engineers said they couldn't find a problem- but haven't been able to talk directly to engineers to explain that they need to stress it- though my RMA notes said that. The customer service rep today was very nice about it and is going to try stressing it himself. I have to say- I've been without a laptop since July though..very disappointing overall.

8. Medical

Reputations:
    Customer service representative found a number of issues with the laptop and the new motherboard- was overheating and under-benchmarking, and it sounds like the overheating was causing the sporadic crashes. I've been given a direct line to one of the tech representatives working on it, which is nice. They've replaced the motherboard for the second time and now are resetting the OS- it sounds like because they think the OS isn't running the cooling system properly? It's been a whole can of worms and months of time since I've had a working laptop, which really says something. But I'm grateful to the CS rep for recognizing an actual problem and going out of their way to do so (initially the tech team was going to return it to me without benchmarking or stressing it) and the tech support employee who has kept me in the loop. Hopeful that this will be resolved in the next few weeks, though I've been hopeful in the past and it didn't end well so I'm cautiously optimistic about this over 2 month RMA.

9. Medical

Reputations:

Got my laptop back and so far it actually works! Hopefully that will continue but I'm super happy to have it back and in seemingly good shape! :) Special thanks to Ching at gigabyte who really took charge and got everything fixed and double checked for me- he's the man.

Final update on my RMA process: overall, it took quite a while and for a bit they thought nothing was wrong, but communication was good and it was easy to get in touch with them any time by phone.

10. Xerloq

Xerloq Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Glad yours worked out. My first, they damaged the lid. The second, they said there were no issues and sent it back. My third, the replaced the mobo for overheating, and I'm about to do my next because it won't power on.

I've not RMAed a laptop so much since my old Compaq years ago.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.