Gigabyte P34G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by spicypixel, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Clean install doesn't change the outcome, sadly.

What a joke.
    Nvidia doing their best AMD impression ever.

2. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Lol. They can't all be zingers, I suppose. Optimus doesn't make it any easier, either. Given time and a driver revision or two, it should be right as rain (hopefully).

3. tomsliwowski

tomsliwowski Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    After my initial Windows 10 install pains (weird crash during install then non-working nVidia card) everything seems nice and stable.

Optimus is working well with no issues since the initial Windows 10 driver update from nVidia. You may want to completely remove all the Intel drivers (the chipset ones I mean) and install the Windows 10 revisions. That's what fixed my issues with the 760M and what enabled Optimus to work again.

I do have the one outstanding issue with the battery being stuck somewhere between 91%-94% full.

4. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you get the chipset drivers from Windows Update or from GB Smart Update? Or from Intel's own utility?

Also how did you remove them?
    I've got all the other Intel stuff in Add/Remove Programs (Graphics, IME, RST, etc.) - but not the chipset drivers specifically.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. tomsliwowski

Reputations:
    I got the drivers from Gigabyte directly before they were offered via smart update. I didn't remove the old drivers but simply ran the install and had the new drivers replace the old ones.

Specifically, I went to the Gigabyte Windows 10 update page. Was disappointed to not see the P34G as a choice but did notice that the P34W was on the list. Since the chipset drivers for the P34W also have drivers for the P34G I wound up downloading and installing those. Everything worked after that.

A few days later smart update was updated with newer drivers and I've been doing updates from there since.

This is what mine looks like:

[​IMG]

6. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's disappointing to hear. I got my Intel chipset (and ime/rst - but those are irrelevant) drivers from Smart Update shortly after my Windows 10 upgrade and they all appear working normally.

My Geforce 760m was nonfunctional before and after that process.

This upgrade has bricked my p34g from a gaming perspective, with no signs of an incoming fix.

7. tomsliwowski

Reputations:
    This is a silly question but have you blocked the nVidia driver from being installed by Windows 10 automatic update? I did that on mine and then installed the one from GeForce Experience. Maybe that was what did the trick along with the chipset drivers?

8. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Doubt that's possible without disabling WU entirely.

Regardless it's irrelevant, a clean install of 355.60 from Nvidia doesn't fix things.

9. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Tried with DDU removals of Intel and Nvidia drivers and then fresh installs of the latest packages from the vendors themselves, Smart Update and Windows Update - same result every time: Intel works ok, Nvidia is disabled in device manager.

10. Medical

Medical Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Update on my RMA: Laptop has been repaired (total time to repair 3 weeks) and is being shipped now. Should arrive on Tuesday. No cost to me to replace the motherboard, though they did have to change the panel surrounding the keyboard/touchpad to black as they didn't have the silver on hand and it would have added another 2-3 weeks to order the silver in. Will update with whether the laptop is actually fixed when it arrives. Overall the repair process has been smooth, though pretty delayed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.