Gigabyte P34G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by spicypixel, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    When the screen goes black and the sound loops that is almost always a display driver error followed by a recovery. Try uninstalling both intel and nvidia graphics drivers and clean install.

2. Medical

Medical Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I bought this laptop in January 2014- just about a year and a half ago. I have to say, it's a great machine, and hadn't had any problems until 3 weeks ago. Touch pad is responsive, light, powerful enough for some gaming and massive spreadsheets, and nice form factor all make it a great choice.

The rub: 3 weeks ago I woke up one morning and found that it wouldn't turn on. When I hit the power button, the power (light bulb) LED just flashes on and off slowly until it dies. Plug it in, the charge light goes on, hit power, same problem and then the charge light starts blinking too. I filed an RMA and will update with my experience with the company's warranty.

3. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Bad main board, by the sound of it. That will be great, you following up with some feedback on the warranty experience. :)

4. petermgates

petermgates Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    With Windows 10 coming out, I contacted Gigabyte support regarding compatibility of Smart Manager (for fan tweaks) and Smart Update. Response posted below.

Those utilities have not been updated to be full compatible with Windows 10. I was informed that should be done but the end of August or early September 2015. Thank you.
    Best regards,
    GIGABYTE Tech Support Team

5. Medical

Reputations:
    Brief update on my RMA so far: RMA was approved by the next business day and shipping was easy enough. Unfortunately, you have to pay for the shipping for the RMA, but since I'm in the U.S. and it's just shipping to the city of industry in CA it was only ~35 bucks, so not too bad.

The laptop arrived at gigabyte in one piece on Monday, by Tuesday they had determined it's the motherboard. Just got off the phone with them and learned they're special ordering a new motherboard, so they're not sure what the timeline will be for that part to come in. They're gonna check on that and send me an email update. It's very easy to get in touch with them via phone, never been more than a 1 or 2 minute hold and the person who answers actually seems quite upfront and helpful in determining what's going on- so far I'm pretty satisfied that they've gotten to work quickly on fixing it. I'll update again with the timeline on getting the new motherboard once I hear.

6. leozord

leozord Newbie

Reputations:
    Well I had a very bad experience with them

In the beginning of this year, I tried to update the BIOS expecting that it could improve the gaming experience. All games I play the laptop has a kind of random one shuttle/freeze, which freezes the sounds and image.

When I flashed, the laptop would not turn on anymore.

Talked to them and they said it was my fault and I had to pay 700 euros in order to repair it. And it took two months to arrive the motherboard to UK (they said it would take one week). Now that they fixed, they sent me back and it is not recharging the battery anymore... and gaming still ****.

It was the most wasted money in my life. And I really pissed off with this crap.

7. perder

perder Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried win 10 yet? is it stable on p34g even without proper driver support?

8. sirleeofroy

sirleeofroy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm using Windows 10 on a P34W V3 with no issues at all, all drivers function as they should and I have no issues with Smart Manager.

All drivers are official manufacturer drivers from intel, nvidia etc.. (Mobo, GPU, WiFi etc..) and actually seems to run a bit better than Windows 8.1 (although that may be some sort of placebo!!)

9. Medical

Reputations:
    Yikes- that sucks! Sorry to hear that, Leozord. Hopefully my experience won't end in a similar manner.

So the motherboard will take at least 2 weeks to come in. Was easy to get in touch again- bummer about the timeline though..

As far as repair costs- I've been told this is covered by warranty. It's a little ironic that the hard drive is the problem/it will take so long given that's GB's specialty, isn't it? Haha. Anyway I expected it would be a while..overall no complaints thus far.

10. prushing

prushing Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No problem on mine. Most drivers had updates and the smart updater worked to download them.

Sent from my KFTHWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.