Gigabyte P34G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by spicypixel, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm assuming it's a Windows 8 issue, not something specific to any one driver's install package.
    I guess that's good and bad news.

2. Walt700

Walt700 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I just got the P34. I have searched the thread and googled but didnt find a very good answer.

Does the P34 automatically stop charging the built-in battery once it is full? I had a samsung ultrabook with propriety software whereby i can set to stop charging the battery at a certain percentage. I couldn't find a gigabyte one nor any 3rd party software.

There was a question on this on page 64/65 but the answer was not what i was looking for.

3. azrael201

azrael201 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think it does but I'm not sure nor do I have proof.

4. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, it does. It resumes charging at 95%.

5. AlexSSE

AlexSSE Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Can you still reccommed this notebook? I'm looking for p34g v2 version, but wanted to know how the old version lasts. Thank you in advance

6. azrael201

Reputations:
    Amazing laptop for the price as lo g as you understand its limitations than your expectations will be aligned. I haven't seen the numbers on v2. We were curious if we could swap out or hdd for extended battery.

7. nemt

nemt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've had mine since November and my only complaint is the fan noise. Other than that they nailed everything I cared about. It's a great performer and the screen is excellent. The build quality is the best of any notebook I've used in recent memory. There are some things that may bug you if they matter a lot, such as the size of the charger (it comes with a 120w brick, but you can buy a replacement 90w) and the overall crumminess of the speakers. The battery life is also said to be quite poor, but I almost never take my off the charger so I can't comment on this.

8. azrael201

Reputations:
    I actually like the speakers! Lol I was blown away by how good the spatial effects sounded. You guys know there are speakers underneath the laptop too? That's the secret.

9. Justin1017

Justin1017 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I find that concept so stupid. Speakers on the bottom of a laptop and speakers on the back of phones. It makes absolutely no sense. Why send sound AWAY from you?

10. azrael201

Reputations:
    It sounds dumb but I thought it really makes the audio sound surround. To each their own

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.