Gigabyte P34G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by spicypixel, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJPeter

PJPeter Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi all, somehow the surface of the screen has become scratched (I can see it when the screen is off and the screen is reflecting a light but the mark is so slight I can't there is any real depth to it). It's small (maybe 3 or so pixels wide and 1 tall) but almost right in the centre of the screen and very noticeable on white or light backgrounds.

Has anyone else had this happen? I've read there are ways you can try to repair it, rubbing with a microfiber cloth made it a little less noticeable but it is still very easy to see even from 3 feet away.

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do with the warranty, I don't think this has accidental by default as some ASUS do so I am interested in trying to do what I can if possible.

Would doing something as suggested here: 4 Ways to Fix a Scratch on an LCD Screen - wikiHow with Eraser, Alchocol or even Vaseline help? Or is all that just going to make this worse? Is there some other good way? It feels like the Matte coating may be more fragile than the average glossy.

Thanks very much,
    Peter

2. tomsliwowski

tomsliwowski Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Where do you see version 2.0.0?

3. jimmyb

jimmyb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I am still having a problem with auto dimming / brightness.
    Is anyone else having an issue or anyone know how to resolve it?

* just to clarify: my screen auto dims when I am on a black based background then takes a couple seconds to reach back to normal brightness once im on a white background.

I tab in and out of screens a lot so its a huge pain going from dark to bright back to dark evrery couple of seconds.

I hope someone has a solution. Thanks

4. perder

perder Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same problem here. It's barely noticeable, but still really bugs me..

And I also frequently get ghosting.. Think I'll ask gigabyte.

5. Justin1017

Justin1017 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You mean keyboard ghosting right? I did experience it a bit with a certain combination of keys. I don't remember exactly, but it may have been ctrl + W + D or something, maybe with shift as well. It wasn't too annoying, but I did notice it.

6. jimmyb

jimmyb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Could you please post what gigabyte says (if they do respond)? thanks

7. azrael201

azrael201 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmm I'm not sure what yyou guys mean? Maybe it's really subtle I don't notice. Ignorance is bliss

8. OsoAlgo

OsoAlgo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello, if it's not too much trouble could you tell me model of the panel this laptop uses? I currently have a Samsung laptop with an AUO9003 panel (AU Optronics according to HWinfo) that has ghosting/image retention issues (not sure if there's a difference) which is very easy to see against grey backgrounds. I've had this Samsung laptop for a year and believe me, the problem got worse over time, so it does worry me that this laptop may have something similar (I'm interested in it).

9. Justin1017

Justin1017 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I only noticed it when I accidentally pressed like 3~4 buttons at the same time. It's a very strange combination of keys anyways so you most likely won't notice it on a daily basis.

10. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    AU Optronics B140HAN01.1 (AUO113D), according to notebookcheck. Of course, Gigabyte may use other suppliers too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.