Gigabyte P34G

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by spicypixel, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mize

Mize Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys, need some help here. I've fallen behind in reading this thread and don't have time at the moment as I'm traveling.
    My problem is that my P34G recently started having a problem in that the display only turns on about 50% of the time upon reboot or awakening. I don't get the initial splash screen or the options to enter the bios, but it boots to login as I do get the jingle of the login screen. To fix it I have to hard shutdown (power key 5 seconds) and then re-powerup and after one or two tries the display comes on. Yikes.

Anyone seen this problem? I suppose it must be BIOS or hardware (switch to detect laptop closure perhaps?). Any ideas?
    I've contacted the vendor (Xotic) and hope to hear from them soon.

2. roenick34

roenick34 Newbie

Reputations:
  3. B'midbar

B'midbar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's very easy, very quick. Just keep track of the screws for the keyboard (longer, keyboard icon on plastic) from the regular screws when removing the back. The wireless card is two screws and one connector. Screws first and it pops up at an angle like a memory card, decouple the connector and pull from the slot. Reverse for the new AC-7260. Takes less than five minutes once the back is removed.

4. Mize

Mize Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone got a link to a tear down for the P34G? I need to check my LCD connection cable as I don't have time to send it in for warranty service at the moment.

5. Mize

Mize Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Popped the back off and found the display cable not completely seated...pushed down hard...click...all better.

6. Xerloq

Xerloq Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ** CAVEAT EMPTOR *** I am not an electrician.

You need to match the input and output voltage range (nearly all are rated for 110-240v which will work pretty much anywhere in the world), and meet or exceed the amperage. Here's a link that explains more.

The amperage on the INPUT side tells you how much current the adapter draws from the outlet. The OUTPUT tells you how much amperage the adapter can provide. If the voltages match, and the output amperage matches, and the connector size and polarity match, you should be good.

There's only a 0.4A difference between the two adapters. My guess is that the Lenovo's input amperage is lower because it's a more efficient adapter, but again, I'm not an electrician.

Incidentally, what old Lenovo do you have? My Lenovo has an enormous connector, and the P34G is tiny.

7. Xerloq

Xerloq Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    First off, let me say that I love Gigabyte's dead pixel warranty. I had one pop up, and they replaced it pretty quickly.

Their fix for the keyboard and wifi was to reinstall the original OS, which didn't fix anything. Then again, maybe they didn't do anything. The laptop came back with a couple of issues I'm waiting to see if they'll fix, but Gigabyte won't return my emails or phone calls.

Anyone successfully fix the wifi-sleep issue? Mine still won't connect after waking from sleep or hibernation without a reboot or manually disabling/reenabling the wifi card. FN+WIFI key does nothing, SmartManager does nothing. I'd love some ideas.

8. azrael201

azrael201 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm sorry you bought this card but it is riddled with issues for some people. If all you need it for is transferring files it should be fine. Many people over on Intel forum as well as myself have latency issues, disconnects, Bluetooth dropout (I only hhave spikes that affect my gaming). We are waiting for thethe next driver 17.x.x but the beta seems worse right now. These problems have been around since N7260 and frustrating to see on AC model now.

9. azrael201

azrael201 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What card do you have? (I am on tapatalk and can't see sigs). I use to have this issue but I uninstalled proset as my primary and only let windows manage. Also I give the wifi card a minute after bootup to autoconnect because i use tto think it wasn't working and switch it off prematurely when it was just loading.

10. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Glad to hear you got it figured out. If any other questions come up feel free to PM me directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.