Gigabyte build quality and warranty questions

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by RockyBalboa-UK, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I fully agree with this. maybe a fused metal on metal construction woul dbe very durable.

Thats the one thing with Apple laptops that they do very right regarding thin laptops. Their hinges are very well done.

2. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What I'd like to see: Metal lid fused to the hinge, screen mounted to lid, front bezel installs with easily disengaged clips. Then you could still have a serviceable screen without adhesive/welding.

agent_pires and rinneh like this.
  3. don_svetlio

don_svetlio In the Pipe, Five by Five.

Reputations:
    Something like the Y50 screen, yeah, but with the hinges being part of the lid so as to not break as with the Y50

4. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:

Sort of. Even though I'm not fond of those clips, they might be less likely to break with a metal bezel.

don_svetlio likes this.
  5. justinnn9

justinnn9 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys. I have a Macbook pro. I am now considering the XPS 15 because its layout and build is almost the same, which I am also looking for because it seems more secure in the longevity of the machine. I can be rugged with my laptop sometimes, dropping it and hitting it on surfaces. There are actually a couple of dents, and a few scratches, but imo, my Macbook is still running great.

The price of the XPS 15 that I am looking at will actually cost me almost the same price as I will be paying for the Aero 15. For some reason, I only pay half of the tax to Newegg in contrast to Dell costing full tax. The difference is that XPS have the body that I look for, and also a 4k display, but the Aero 15 have the much more advantageous GTX 1060 which I also want.

I really like the Aero 15. I have been looking at it since it first released in Newegg, and been watching it ever since until now, about to go out of stock for the second time. The specs is excellent for its kind. But I am concerned that its build will not be as reliable as the XPS' or the Macbook pro's. Has anyone here have experience with both laptops or can give me their review about the build of the Aero 15? I heard the build is not bad, and heard there is confusion whether it's plastic or aluminum, but I will only know when I get a hold of one.

How is the build of the Aero 15 compared to the XPS 15 or Macbook pro 15?

Thanks

6. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    I got to briefly play with one here. My initial impression was that it feels exactly as light as it looks, that it's pretty solid, though not quite as solid as the MBP or GS63VR. Also just like the first gen, totally subjective, but I love the black with the orange stripe, love the orange, do not like the green at all.

7. don_svetlio

Reputations:
    GS63? I mean, from what I've seen of the device, it has a LOT of flex on the lower deck and screen - definitely a far cry from the Aero/XPS/MBP

agent_pires likes this.
  8. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    The stealth is the one I had the least time with, but I don't recall that much flex from any of them.

9. don_svetlio

Reputations:
    IIRC the bottom deck actually cracked under the durability test when LHz were reviewing it here on NBR.

10. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:

I just went and got one and I'd like to know what they were doing to it, didn't seem like you'd crack the case unless badly misusing it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.