Gigabyte announces new Aero 15

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Rinnis, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not at this time, although it will be sometime after the initial release.

2. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wonder if the GTX1060 will be underpowered somehow in this machine, the 150W power adapter seems to be a bit on the low side compared to others. Otherwise it looks amazing.

3. DevDude99

DevDude99 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This is pretty interesting.. especially having tried and returned the XPS 15. I almost kept it over my Aero 14 I have simply because I find the 14" screen a little small when gaming. The 1060 being able to drive games @ Aero's 1440p res with higher frames than the XPS 15's 1050 could @ 1080p was surprising though. Another thing about the Aero 14 is the screen was noticeably faster and therefore didn't have the same ghosting issue that can be observed on the XPS 15 panel. Therefore I was a little concerned at this point of the video:

when they suggest the screen on the Aero 15 is the same as the one from the XPS 15. The XPS 15 FHD is a great looking screen, colour wise, I just really hope it is a newer or different version panel with improved latency. I also hope the keyboard feedback is a little less stiff than the Aero 14, since I find it slows my typing speed a little bit (down to around 115 from 130 wpm)

Either way, I always said I wished gigabyte made a 15" version of the Aero, so I'm definitely going to have to try one out when it becomes available in Canada.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    scrod likes this.
  4. DevDude99

DevDude99 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Interesting observation.. that's the same wattage of the Aero 14's power adapter, so with the same components you'd think it would have a similar experience. That being said, I have rarely seen the Aero 14 throttle in gaming with temps definitely not being the cause, so I wonder if the available power can be a problem..

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I didn´t realize it was the same 150w adapter as on the Aero 14, so since the 14 performs fine this new one will be fine....looks awesome.

6. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks- I'm very encouraged if it is indeed the same matte Sharp IGZO panel used in the XPS 15. It's a very bright display with good color and contrast. Plus it sounds like it comes with some sort of calibration certification. Response times were not very good, as you mention, but with HDMI and displayport and TB3, it's easy enough to run an external fast gaming monitor, with or without eGPU. Having the IGZO and not an inferior AUO display might give it the edge over a GS63VR or Blade for my purchase in the next week or two. Good timing for this new release, I hope it's in stock when I pull the trigger.

Eason likes this.
  7. Rinnis

Rinnis Newbie

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  8. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for the response! If reviews are good, might well end up buying one from you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Thank you sir! We will be here to serve you whenever you are ready :)

10. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Vistar Shook and Rinnis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.