Gigabyte announces new Aero 15

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Rinnis, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    WIth Techpowerup, Overclock3D and other sites spreading the recall rumour based on that Reddit user's email screenshot, you'd think Gigabyte would say something if it's just a software update involved.

Not sure if this was posted but here is another review: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/laptop/105307-gigabyte-aero-15/

Also notice that Newegg's review still touts that the display is an IGZO affair, seen on Dell’s XPS laptops and expensive monitors. Has anyone who received an Aero 15 from Newegg actually had an IGZO panel?

2. LiamAcer

LiamAcer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Precisely - With Gigabyte keeping quiet about this, the likes of all reports are only going to spread and spread like wildfire all over the technology sites, and all of them reporting on the basis of one single Reddit user is complete madness. Gigabyte really need to step up and take the stand to this to ensure customers of the true facts.

Edit - on the talk of that Newegg review as well, *sigh* wayyyy too much info of them comparing the other offerings of other laptops within the market and steering the review into other directions "The Aero 15 offers this but in fact, the XPS 15 / MacBook Pro / other laptops also offer this which may be hard for Gigabyte to match and is rather concerning!" I wish they would of paid much more attention to reviewing the Aero 15 properly, just like it is in the Notebook Check review.

Liam.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    agent_pires and scrod like this.
  3. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  4. BringTheRain403

Reputations:
    Well I can tell you that I was just told today that Newegg is holding mine because of a "hazmat issue" and I was supposed to receive it yesterday...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

scrod likes this.
  5. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hazmat issue? What is going on here...

6. BringTheRain403

Reputations:
    No idea

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

7. LiamAcer

LiamAcer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hazmat relates to dangerous goods... in this case I'm willing to bet on the battery as well.

Liam.

8. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sounds like code for some sort of battery shipping/leaking/exploding issue.

9. Cha72

Cha72 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Interestingly, in this Spanish news post about the recall, GIGABYTE has reached out to them and said the product will arrive with no problem in Spain. So maybe the issue is isolated, maybe the issue is fixed and all current batches will be the new model, who knows until they say specifically...but at least that's hope for the future

https://www.profesionalreview.com/2...ver-los-portatiles-aero-15-problemas-bateria/

SkidrowSKT and agent_pires like this.
  10. BringTheRain403

Reputations:
    Well I just got a call from Newegg saying that their stock had been recalled because Gigabyte said the batteries could explode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.