Gigabyte announces new Aero 15

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Rinnis, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiamAcer

LiamAcer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Fingers crossed it won't, though lookout on the Scan website as well mate as I mentioned on here - they're supposed to get new stock of the Green & Orange models on the 22nd May all being well.

Liam.

agent_pires likes this.
  2. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    22nd seems so far away now :(

3. Sanfasteryler

Sanfasteryler Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think Dell doesn't want the laptop to get too hot as it is a premium business/workstation laptop, they will want to bring the temperature down.
    But investing in a new cooling solution is costly so they will stick to the lazy way, throttle in lower temps as the main target group (businessman, students) won't notice the 'slight' performance drop.
    I guess this is the compromise for premium business laptop.

4. Sanfasteryler

Sanfasteryler Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Don't think these gaming laptop has a lot of stock to begin if.
    Further more, gigabyte doesn't seem to have a big department in the laptop side.

5. SkidrowSKT

SkidrowSKT Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Here're some quotes from Treebsquire on Reddit:

"Just spoke with Gigabyte and it turns out there was a miscommunication with scan. They aren't doing a recall of the Aero 15's so no need to send it back. Wish I'd known that before deleting everything off of it but never mind."

"So everything's fine with the current version?"

"According to the rep I spoke to at Gigabyte yeah.
    My theory on what's happened is that they're trying to recall the unsold units to fix the smart manager software. The Smart Manager programme, that comes with the laptop, is an older version and shows the battery life remaining to be significantly lower than it should. I just updated the software myself and restarted and it's now showing 9 hours remaining on a full charge, not the 4 I had previously. I'm assuming they've had a lot of complaints from people who've bought the machine and think the battery life is far less than advertised. To combat this from happening in the future they're recalling the unsold units and updating the software to try and diffuse the situation. Again, that's completely hypothetical but makes sense."

There ya go guys. Nothing's wrong with the new laptops, so don't worry!

BringTheRain403 and scrod like this.
  6. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the update! Still waiting in queue at GentechPC for the shipment to arrive. Gives me a couple weeks to debate Liquid Ultra vs. IC DIamond, but now leaning to LM. I've already used the time to change the primary SSD to a 960 EVO, since the USA spec models did ship with a SATA3 Lite-on. Probably won't make much difference outside of game loading screens, but the extra 500GB will be handy.

7. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So you have the computer already and swapped in a 960EVO?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

8. Cha72

Cha72 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How was the install process on the 960 EVO? Was it just screwing off the back and placing it or anything more complicated than that?

9. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No, sorry for the poor wording. I'm still waiting for GentechPC to get their shipment. I changed my order after I placed it to add the 960EVO. I also originally ordered IC Diamond, but will likely go with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra unless I can find any major downsides in regard to longevity or other concerns to having a custom rig shipped with LM.

10. LiamAcer

LiamAcer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    At this stage I would still only be comfortable with having an official confirmation from Gigabyte themselves. It's all reassuring that Scan may of been misinformed regarding the recall according to that Reddit user but Scan are not the only retailer in the UK selling the Aero 15 upon release - eBuyer and also YoYo Tech up until the other day were also advertising the laptop before they then either were genuinely out of stock / took the laptop off sale due to the apparent recall reports which maybe all related.

Also as pointed out by @agent_pires the other day - he placed the order for his Aero 15 via YoYo Tech last week only to then be informed on the day he was due to receive it this week that Gigabyte had instructed them to not dispatch out the already stocked units due to an apparent "software/hardware" issue so therefore his order would be delayed until new stock would arrive with them.

Liam.

scrod likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.