Gigabyte Aero 15X V8 Review

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Jack Thornborrow, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Jack Thornborrow

Jack Thornborrow Newbie

Reputations:
    I received my Aero 15X a couple weeks ago and have loved it since. This is a sleek and nice looking laptop. I personally love the laptop's design and this one really hits the spot in terms of aesthetics.

I have the GTX 1070 Max-Q model with a 1080p 144hz IPS panel.

-Battery Life: I came from a Macbook pro and this laptop lasts just as long, usually 8+ hours on light use.
    -Screen: 144hz is great and all my games look super smooth. The matte finish on the screen also looks very appealing when the screen is turned off
    -Specs: This thing has all the components that I wanted in a laptop! The internals are more than powerful enough to play all modern titles on ultra at 80+ fps in most cases
    -Keyboard: The RGB is very flash and easily customisation and I find the keyboard is very satisfying to type on
    -Optimus: Being able to switch between integrated and dedicated graphics has helped enormously preserve battery life when not gaming while not compromising performance when playing demanding titles.

Total Rating: 8/10

Overall I think this laptop is great! It fits my gaming needs whenever I need too and doesn't distract me or others when I'm working.

2. dander

dander Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's good you have a good keyboard, I'm returning mine for a refund because the keyboard isn't registering a lot of my keys. Lots of other issues to lol. I wish I could trust this laptop for battery life but the battery life on the Battery indicator fluctuates between 8-9 to 2-3 hours with no games or anything demanding open so idk.