Gigabyte Aero 15 - Windows 10 Setup and Tweeks Guide

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by TitaniumO, Jan 30, 2018.

1. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro by just inserting the new serial number if you don't want the hassle of a clean install.

No specific order and yes for the last question about how to retrieve the color profile.

You need only the latest one, not both. You should download the drivers off NVIDIA site anyway, just like your desktop.

Robertjan88 likes this.
  2. Robertjan88

Robertjan88 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot for your feedback!
    I would still prefer a clean install to also remove the bloatware and guarantee optimal conditions. :)

So if I understand it right, the Smart Update would "recover"/download the calibration which was used for my laptop. As every Aero 14 laptop is different, does it download the calibration settings based on my Aero's serial or something else? And will it be auto installed or do I need to place the file somewhere? :)

In regards to the BIOS, I noticed I can download BIOS FB08 & EC F004.
    I am used to keep my BIOS drivers up to date for my desktop PC, but I was wondering how to install this file. Is it an .exe which you start from Windows or a Flash file which you copy to a USB and start from the BIOS itself? And are there anywhere patch notes do I can see what will be improved/fixed?

Thanks again!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  3. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You just run the exe file and everything will be taken care of (no need for USB).
    Unfortunately patch notes aren't posted.

Robertjan88 likes this.
  4. Robertjan88

Robertjan88 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Awesome! Thanks!

That only leaves my question regarding the calibration profile:

"So if I understand it right, the Smart Update would "recover"/download the calibration which was used for my laptop. As every Aero 14 laptop is different, does it download the calibration settings based on my Aero's serial or something else? And will it be auto installed or do I need to place the file somewhere?"

5. alawadhi3000

alawadhi3000 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not sure how they do it but as I said you don't need to do anything except install Smart Manager and apply your profile from there.

6. g85222456

g85222456 Company Representative

Reputations:
    Smart Update is right the one which could help you get calibrated profile back, not Smart Manager

7. tcharette

tcharette Newbie

Reputations:
    Please help. I did clean install and began to update drivers. Does anyone know which driver puts the sleep and hibernate option back into the power button. Also how do I enable the blue tint option in the display? Currently its greyed out and I cannot use it. Last I cant control most things with my keyboard such as volume buttons, airplane, wifi etc.

8. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You need to install the smart manager for the function keys.
    The sleep and hibernate are in the power options in the control panel, or whatever it is called now. But I think you need smart manager first.

9. tcharette

tcharette Newbie

Reputations:
    Nowhere in the smartmanager does it have function keys. in the gigabyte fusion app in the key action tab doesnt allow me to adjust it there either. also the sleep hibernte in the power options is just greyed out and i cannot change it. i saw online it was somethinf to do with the drivers. do you know which driver controls that?

10. TLCH723

TLCH723 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    After the smart manager installed, the function keys should work automatically. If not a good old restart to see if it will fix it.