Gigabyte Aero 15 Review

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by scrod, Jun 13, 2017.

1. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mine was a gift for my son, so I don't use it. When it arrived I did basic tests for pixels and black/white uniformity. As I mentioned above, I did observe bleed in the corners and more across the bottom edge, but not enough to notice on anything but the darkest content. If you're sensitive to black screen uniformity, you may be annoyed with it, but it didn't seem any worse than a typical panel I've seen and definitely not as bad as some others that have been posted here. I suspect this WVA panel technology may just have mediocre quality control that results in a wide range of backlight bleed.

2. Esaelias187

Esaelias187 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

ok then maybe im overreacting

3. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not necessarily. Some people find high pitched coil whine really annoying, others don't notice it at all. Back in the day, I returned three Louwe videophile HDTV sets because the white uniformity was atrocious. Everyone thought I was crazy, until I showed it to them and how the set that cost 1/3rd the price on display right next to it had no such issues. It's all in the eye or ear of the beholder.

4. Ron101

Ron101 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've yet to order mine, as I'm still trying to find the best option. However what I've seen some get really bad bleed and some are minimum(which you wont really notice)

Esaelias187 likes this.
  5. Ron101

Ron101 Newbie

Reputations:
    This is not to bad compared to the other that ive seen. I would be okay with this amount to be honest. Thats my personal view though.

Esaelias187 likes this.
  6. Esaelias187

Reputations:
    yh iv just looked at it again and some other ones and this seems good compared to them, in the pictures its like 40 percent more exaggearted ill keep it

Ron101 likes this.
  7. Esaelias187

Reputations:

hello mate so i am back tbh after looking at it i feel it does look abit bad but the last straw is can you take a pic of your with a full black backgorund and send it me so i can compare please?