Gigabyte Aero 14

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Dariel3012, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeardEmSay

HeardEmSay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ughh why couldn't they go with Pascal or even Polaris, I'd be all over this...The new pascal sagers are looking too thick for my taste, but it's too early to judge....

2. Dariel3012

Dariel3012 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Where can I see the pascal sagers?

3. HeardEmSay

HeardEmSay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. Major Clod

Major Clod Newbie

Reputations:
    Any idea of when we can expect Australian release?

5. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No, but for releases in general: (from personal communication)
    "We are glad to tell that AERO14 will be released in Taiwan next week (week25, 2016) The product will be shown next week in Taiwan online shop - PChome. You may please check the online shop for purchasing detail"

6. dwang040

dwang040 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The way I see it, the aero 14 is a good contender for macbooks. I know this sounds strange, but i personally think one of the main reasons for buying a macbook is for the battery life and the thin size. But somehow, thin size also means fewer ports and a fake mouse button... Either way, my biggest worry about the gigabyte is heat and build quality. Now, by heat, we all know that thin fans are whiny and not very pleasant. Not only do they sound bad, they don't cool as well as a bigger fan or a laptop with a bigger chassis. The other thing is screen flex, which I thought was a big deal with the gigabyte P something something laptops, as well as keyboard flex and crappy keyboards in general. If all of this is fixed, then It may be very very impressive and a huge jump in gaming + battery life. All those threads "gaming laptop with amazing battery life" have been solved! Or at least that's how I see it...

7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    a friend of my cam back from the show and made a movie as well. Same as me he was disappointed in the P34W series as it was unreliable and as a buyer for a computer chain he was hesitant to sell it in that chain of stores. But he was quite positive about the Aero 14. Might test it. Hope this means that Gigabyte is stepping up its game and really offer premium products.

8. IAMdiscerning

IAMdiscerning Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys, has anybody gotten updated info regarding release date and price? Techradar (http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc...-and-netbooks/gigabyte-aero-14-1322622/review) showed that it is within $1499 to $1699, which is nice. However, there a Taiwanese website (http://www.techbang.com/posts/43823...ing-specifications-are-hidden-in-the-fuselage) which shows 63900 TWD which is in huge contradiction.

Personally, I am looking for a laptop asap, but after I've heard about Aero 14 which starts at 1500 usd, I got so excited and am still waiting to this day. So, would like to ask you guys should I keep waiting?

9. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    See our article. Gigabyte told me US$1,499 - $1,699.

Charles

10. comicsins

comicsins Newbie

Reputations:
    It's roughly mid-June today, any word on US availability? I was hoping to see some true reviews for this laptop before purchase, but unfortunately my prior laptop died on me a few days ago so i'm running short on time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.