Gigabyte Aero 14

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Dariel3012, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roland8

roland8 Newbie

Reputations:
    Since you had a gigabyte (p34w ?), may i ask you couple of things ?

-how long does the battery last for reading and writing on office ?
    -which kind of problems did you have after 2 years ?
    - what about thermals ?

in the end the aero 14k has only a better battery life...

2. Wiz33

Wiz33 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, I have a P34G from launch. It's was said to have loose hinges, warbly screen, runs hot, throttles and all around a terrible laptop yet it's still running fine. Yes, it runs hot but only during serious gaming (most game don't even comes close to the stress test they run for reviews) that can be partially avoided just by lifting the rear of the laptop by 1/4" to improve airflow. The Gigabyte are actually well built and long as you don't handle it rough (I've seen students flipping up the screen so fast like it's a speed contest). It should last you a long time. Not battery wise, it won't last anywhere near the Aero14, 2- 2 1/2 if you're lucky when it was new and if you buy a refurb. it'll probably be less than 2 hours since the battery has already been used (like mine). Unless budget is a big concern. I think you'll be much happier with the Aero 14 with the 965m.

3. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My p34w got 3-4 hrs browsing. Notebook check recorded 4:44 minutes. A refurb one should still do similar since it's only little over one year old. Maybe 18 months. It's a gaming laptop so they wouldn't be using it on battery constantly to deplete its capacity.
    Saying that. Notebook check have actually achieved 8:42 with brightness on lowest brightness and wifi off. (Basically just letting it run out on its own)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My p34w got 3-4 hrs browsing. Notebook check recorded 4:44 minutes. A refurb one should still do similar since it's only little over one year old. Maybe 18 months. It's a gaming laptop so they wouldn't be using it on battery constantly to deplete its capacity.
    Saying that. Notebook check have actually achieved 8:42 with brightness on lowest brightness and wifi off. (Basically just letting it run out on its own)

5. Wiz33

Wiz33 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ok. The "W' maybe doing better than the initial "G" but no amount of tuning will make up for that giant battery in a Aero 14. And it's not just a gaming laptop, a lot of us bought it since we want a gameable laptop that we can use in a professional environment without screaming "Gamer" so I use my on battery quite often.

6. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well he did ask about it. Then you gave a response. I thought they should have the same battery to be fair. Same chassis.

7. m0b1liz3

m0b1liz3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Bit of a late response. I recently bought a Lenovo Yoga 910 i7 and was having fan reving issues with simple tasks like browsing. Setting the max CPU to 99% under power management advanced settings helped reduce the intermittant up and down revving but didn't completely fix the problem. It It was part of the reason I returned the 910. It is basically a 2 in 1 tablet/laptop and in my mind should have been dead silent. Ironically I missed the posts on fan rev issues and I had already ordered an Aero 14 1060. Should have it in a few days. My old laptop was an early version P34g.

8. carp3di3m

carp3di3m Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone else experiencing this issue?

When I plug the HDMI cable in, Intel only recognises the integrated display and Nvidia the external display.

I can only change the Screen setting for both screens in Windows

9. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's because the HDMI and Mini Display ports are connected directly to the GPU. That's why anything you plug in shows up in the nvidia control panel.
    Only the main display is connected to the iGPU.
    Intel can't do anything to those external displays.

Hope this helps.

10. carp3di3m

carp3di3m Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the fast response

But does that mean that I am running both cards at the same time and use more power?

When I am working I don't need the NVIDIA card.

This is my 3rd intel/Nvidia laptop and i have seen this behaviour before

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.