Gigabyte Aero 14

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Dariel3012, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fray_bentos

fray_bentos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And another BIOS update FB08/F006, still fan revving.

2. nynoah

nynoah Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Now that the 1060 is out anyone looking to sell their 970m? Hit me up if so.

3. vinny3

vinny3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mee too

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

4. mnd99

mnd99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey Aero users,

If I want to get similar type of screen quality ( IPS and high resolution ) and long battery life and processing power like the Aero but have no need for gaming, is there another alternative in the 14" area?

5. roland8

roland8 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I am about to change my super old laptop with something that will last some years and will allow me to play some games, without looking like a gaming laptop.

1. Newegg has in stock the aero 14k (gtx 965m version).
    2. Alternatively, I could get a gigabyte P34 gtx 970m fhd used from amazon.

I might go for the aero, despite the gpu, but I'd like to know whether it supports ssd pcie m.2 nvme like samsung 950 pro. (somehow newegg does not say which ssd the aero mounts.)
    Moreover, the aero would have a two years warranty (even though i haven't understood whether, in case of problems, i should ship the laptopb back to newegg or gigabyte.) Do you have any experience with this warranty ?

On the other hand, the P34 would be more powerful and would for sure mount a 128gb samsung p950 pro. However, i would have only three moths of warranty and less battery.

The prices are more or less the same.

Any suggestion ?

6. Paull

Paull Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wait for nvidia's announcements on January, gtx1050 for laptops will be released, mostly the aero will be gettin' that

7. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That depends on which version p34 m you get. V3 had msata but I'm sure v5 had pcie.
    I wouldn't choose the aero 14 with 965m if you want it for a few years at its cost. The 1060 version is there and it can max out about 95% of games.
    I'd pick version 2. On the p34w. There wasn't anything I didn't like. Only a trivial reason why I never kept it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. roland8

roland8 Newbie

Reputations:
    thank you for the answer.
    I would get the p34w v5 version, my only concern is with the warranty (only three months) and battery (5-6 hours of office work)

The aero 1060m would be obviously better, but it is too out of budget :D

9. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you use it enough. Hopefully if any problems that were to arise comes sooner inside the warranty rather than later.
    I do think the battery is modest though for the performance it delivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. JuiceForTheSoul

JuiceForTheSoul Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Gigabyte uses different repair companies depending on the country you live in. For example in the UK you have to ship your laptop to http://www.mendit.com/

So it doesn't go to Gigabyte or where you bought it from, but instead a Gigabyte-approved repair company. All my problems with my old Gigabyte laptop happened after 2 years of ownership, so having a 2-year warranty actually made no difference in my case!

If you are going to do a lot of gaming on it I would favour the 2-year warranty. Lots of gaming means lots of heat, which damages the battery over time. I had to replace mine after three years as the battery would only last about an hour, instead of five hours. I didn't game a lot on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.