Gigabyte Aero 14

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Dariel3012, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dariel3012

Dariel3012 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Looks like they're alligning the aorus/gigabyte aesthetic. If it had TB3 I'd be all over it.

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It does look better than the previous 14inch models. but I hope they ditched those cheap keyboard trays. I also hope that the overall build quality is better. If they have the reliability under control they might be worth a shot again.

4. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Hmm, looks like they posted/leaked this early. Gigabyte will officially announce it at Computex. I've had hands-on with this notebook. I think it's an amazing machine. First-rate quality, keyboard, touchpad, screen, and performance. It's lightyears ahead of the P34W in every way, especially the keyboard. Didn't get the chance to stress test it to see what temps are like, but we should [hopefully] have a review unit in June or so.

Charles

ekm9311, Convel, pau1ow and 1 other person like this.
  5. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Even more importantly- the 92,000 whr battery! That's what I'm talkin about!
    Shame it only has 1 USB C though. I'd like to see either 2 USB C or 1 TB3 so the docking options remain.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I hope this is true, but in the past you reviewed some units if i remember correctly? And their falws where never pointed out while the build quality was quite poor.

7. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I used to think the build quality of the p34w was good as well, just because I didn't know what to look for. I think people have higher standards now than they used to, due to aluminum chassis being more popular.

8. Charles P. Jefferies

Reputations:
    As noted, standards have changed over the years. What was considered good yesterday, may not be by tomorrow. The P34W doesn't have bad quality, but the Aero 14 ups the bar significantly.

Charles

9. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I had 3 P34W's in my posession from 3 different shops in Europe all 3 arrived flawed with crooked trackpad buttons, uneven laptop bases, a **** ton of flex etc.

They were subpar in terms of build quality then, and they are now. Especially compared to the competition they felt very poor. This laptop was launched only a year ago. Samsung did that type of aluminum better, Asus did, MSI did and reviewers simply do not mention this everytime. While the general consensus on this forum is that the quality definitely lacks.

From 9 laptops models I have had in my posession the past 10 years the Gigabyte was by far the most poor laptop.

10. Charles P. Jefferies

Reputations:
    Sounds like Gigabyte took the feedback to heart, then, because the Aero 14 is, as I noted, better in every way I could identify. The build is strong and rigid. I don't know what the pricing will be; my guess, is that it's similar to the P34W's price point.

Charles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.