Getting No Boot and 1 beep

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by DoubleHelixx, Aug 22, 2020.

1. DoubleHelixx

DoubleHelixx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @Chivalrous Roamin Knight Thanks for that information. Do you have the 980M 100W heatsink?

@electrosoft The machine is running without issue on Integrated Graphics. With that in mind, is it still worth switching back to the 770M? I had it running previously on SLI 770Ms and never had any problem.

I didn't realize the 770M heatsink was a lower temp rated sink. I'm thinking that's likely the issue.

2. Chivalrous Roamin Knight

Chivalrous Roamin Knight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm not reall sure what heatsink it has, I could only assume it's what it originally came with. But yeah, the Opolar fan is fairly cheap;I'm so impressed with it, I bought another one just as a backup to use.

3. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Switching back temporarily will partially rule out a bad or failing mxm slot or system board. If it runs fine on the 770m, you can narrow it down a bit.

if @Chivalrous Roamin Knight ordered his with a 980m from dell it has the proper heat sink. A 780m or 880m Heat sink even will help immensely.

parts people have two of the proper part left in stock and they tend to dry up for prolonged periods of time when they go out of stock.

4. DoubleHelixx

DoubleHelixx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    electrosoft likes this.
  5. Chivalrous Roamin Knight

Chivalrous Roamin Knight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Chivalrous Roamin Knight Thanks. Will def. keep it mind. Which size did you go with for the AW18?
    Hope you are meaning the Opolar model size; it is this: OPOLAR LC-06-Laptop Fan Cooler, laptop fan cooler with temperature display and 13 speeds (2600-5000 RPM's). A word about these: They are to have an auto feature function that senses the temperature and then operates the fan accordingly; my 1st one I had, didn't do that or maybe lost that function. However, they have a manual function that allows the user to choose the fan speed; this served even more than adequate as I would just use the manual option to run the fan at a desired speed. Again, I was am still am so so impressed at the efficient cooling it does, I felt it wise to get another one as a backup; when I received this one, I immediately put it to the test of the auto function and it worked as it said it intended to and I've been monitoring it's performance from day to day. Even after 10 weeks of everyday use, it's auto function is performing flawlessly. Btw, I bought them both from Amazon. I swear by these coolers!

DoubleHelixx likes this.