Getting GPS to work on Gobi 1000

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by cchoate, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cchoate

cchoate Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    After many weeks and discussions here I finally have my cf-52 mk3 to fully recognize my Gobi 1000. In device manager I have "qualcomm hs-usb nmea 250d (com13)" with no yellow triangle. Using Delorme Street Atlas, I set the port to com13 and device to Generic Nmea but the program does not see the gps at all. It does see my usb gps on port com40.
    I have also tried visual gps which does not see it either. There is nothing listed in Locations and sensors of win7 device manager. I'm missing something - any ideas?

2. db04p71

db04p71 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    AFA!K, Panasonic disabled GPS in the Gobi 1000. I don't know if there is a way to enable it.

3. cchoate

cchoate Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That would be a good reason for no GPS on the 1000. Guess I need a Gobi 2000 that's not the HP 2420 cause that didn't work at all. What Gobi 2000 does work in a cf-52?

4. Rob

Rob Toughbook Aficionado

Reputations:
    GOBI 1000 by NATURE from sierra wireless does NOT have a stand alone GPS in it. Has nothing to do with Panasonic.

If you want stand alone GPS you need a GOBI 2000 chip.

If a particular Toughbook works with GOBI 1000 then GOBI 2000 will work PERFECTLY no problem.

5. cchoate

cchoate Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks, I ordered a Gobi 2000 made for panasonic. Since they all come from China it takes forever to get here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.