Getting decent sound from your M17x R3 speakers (imho)

Discussion in 'Alienware 17 and M17x' started by widezu69, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catacylsm

catacylsm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yep, i currently use the M17xR3 speakers at 50%, and find on default profile easily enjoy being played up to 70% and at 90% is where you can sometimes Total Harmonic Distortion(Clipping/crackling/etc) occurs, the speakers really are good, but only if set correctly, and softly is a good approach to go!

2. bigtonyman

bigtonyman Desktop Powa!!!

Reputations:
    good point, guess ill just keep below 50%. if I need it higher I can just hook into one of my surround sound systems :p

3. catacylsm

catacylsm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ahh i wouldn't say you need to keep it low :p Klipsch is a good brand of audio product so i'd expect the speakers to be quite durable, try try reset and experiment with the wave system and custom equalisers, but try and start with a flat all around line so that you have a good start point!

4. widezu69

widezu69 Goodbye Alienware

Reputations:
    To be honest, I recommend against tweaking the EQ as it affects all sound including windows, films, youtube, music etc. If I were you, I'd keep it flat and use the EQ of your playback software. I suggest tweaking the Waves settings instead. They aren't too intrusive (unless you tweak the treble slider).

5. widezu69

widezu69 Goodbye Alienware

Reputations:
    Just bumping this thread for new users and also to ask some HDMI In users with problems. In the IDT panel, there is a slider that controls the HDMI In and by default, mine installed it as all the way muted, has anyone tried tweaking that?. Just a headsup incase no one thought of that?

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.