Getting an Nvidia 900 series (or 1060) working in a P170EM

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by John3, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Khenglish

Khenglish Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    With every new system series I keep wanting a new system, then look at the cost, then decide to do a new set of mods to my EM. All 100 series EM boards being the same and a bizarre mixed GPU EM3 series originally being planned made so much room for mods.

FTW_260 likes this.
  2. fractaluser

fractaluser Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh man! If there was a way and definite answer which would let me justifying getting myself a new gfx card for my P170EM i would be happier than a kid on xmas! So much to read and so much that I've read and still, all i want is to give someone the money for the gfx card, take out my burned out gfx card and slip in the new one. Put the computer to start and vola! everything to work as fabulous as it did back in 2014 when i bought my beast for 2600 euro. Is this the case now, i just buy 10xx card and make the ol switcheroo and it works like magic? I would really love to start playing games with anything that is not my inbuilt intel cpu gfx card on 30 fps (amazed i can actually play diablo 3 and over watch on it, but still =) Cheers guys!

3. Khenglish

Khenglish Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes a 10 series will work fine. Just let us known the brand you are thinking of getting as there are some compatibility issued with some cards.

4. fractaluser

Reputations:
    Hey mate! Awesome stuff! As i yesterday tried to re-enable my gtx 675m and blue screen of death came as soon as i launched overwatch =) I'll be going on some pretty long travels soon and be back around June/July and hope to afford a 1060 then. As i live in europe im not sure which are my best options to get the card. I've checked ebay and seems all cards are from china or 1 that was sending from us. In the end i might just end up buying one from http://www.eurocom.com but afraid the customs will take a lot of monies from me then =/ But if anyone in the EU has a better suggestion im all ears! Im just super happy i can bring life to this old baby once again!! =)))

5. johnbb

johnbb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Got a 1060 gtx working on P170em.
    Apart from modded drivers, it's fairly easy to install. Temps are good, around 75-80° on full load

Attached Files:

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's a similar TDP to that era of chip so does partner very well, glad it's all working nicely :)

7. fractaluser

Reputations:
    Awesome stuff mate! Can you let me know where you got the card from? Maybe I can just order from the same place =) ? I get a bit pushed of from all the different listing and prices on eBay so I'm not sure who is legit and who is not. Cheers!

8. fractaluser

Reputations:
    Got a Inbox from a user Danishblunt that he has one to sell, but not sure why this dude is not registered on here. I see him active all over the forum =) So I replied to his msg but not sure if he can actually see this, so if you see this message, send me another one mate =)

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    He was banned for violating community rules.

10. fractaluser

Reputations:
    Ahh so probably not a mate to buy stuff from then?
    Where did you buy your card? :D

EDIT: ahh i see you are a rep =) do you offer the cards themselves or? =) Enjoy the travels!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019