Getting a DD car. Check this out for me.

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by soulsaver_8229, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insomniac89

Insomniac89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, i agree, keep looking man, tryed autotrader?

2. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    With the money he would save with his insurance company owning a 4-door, his monthly operating costs might actually be the same.

The oil sludge problem isn't as severe until the '96 models, but the earlier ones do have an oil bake problem which does leave the inside very nasty looking. However, I have had to service quite a few 2.2L toyota engines in my day, where I've only had to tamper with a few 4.6L's that go into the Town Car. (The only major problems with the 4.6L is the spark plug threads may rip out while removing the plugs, and there is an intake manifold cracking problem on some, but many of those were fixed under recall).

What the OP is describing though, sounds like a $700 car.

3. soulsaver_8229

soulsaver_8229 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd love to see where you guys come up with cheaper/better cars for less.

And to offer 1200?

If it was my car, id be insulted and laugh at someone who would offer me that much.

the body damage does not effect anything but looks, wow, so it will look bad for all of a few months.

Carfax is clean as all get out. 74k miles.

Took it to 2 mech's, both told me same thing. Nothing needs to be done to it right now, just in the future. Back struts, turn routers, and a back tire.

idk about you guys, but this is a good deal.......this would be almost 6k here if it was at a dealership.

South Carolina is NOT cheap when it comes to cars.........I am telling you straight up.

And to the poster about autotrader.com.........i used them, automarter, ebay, craigslist, cars.com, everything..........

Nothing comes close......

edit: have fun looking at what I can get within 75 miles of me, for 3500 and below (2k was my ideal stay-within price)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...srep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=&rdm=1236729817787

second edit: and NO dealership wants to haggle AT ALL, espeicaly dirt lots...

I've been to over 6 dealerships, no one came down on their price more than 200$

3rd edit:

where do you see 1200, or 700 dollars?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...srep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=&rdm=1236730069650

I invest 1k if that to fix body work, paint......and i have a 6k retail car

the inside is beautiful, perfect.......just the front pass side needs fixing....and a dent on the driver side.

4. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    After seeing those lists go for it. Its your money if you have the confidence and believe it is a good deal go for it before it is too late.

5. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    Aww, and I thought you were getting a Detroit Diesel powered car :p
    Silly me

Good luck finding a car you should be able to get them pretty cheap with the economy going down the drain.

K-TRON

6. soulsaver_8229

Reputations:
    People say this. I have yet to see a good deal, cept for the one I am buying.

Guess its just the areas you live in.

Hoover the Mover, Dodge dealership, has something like 14k off MSRP of maxed out jeeps (no srt-8s)

But all that is just fluff.......make the msrp higher, bring in customers make them think they are saving, but they really are not.

idk.........I dont think many dealerships are giving good deals because they hope to make the same ammount to show profit gains. If they give people good deals/lose money. They will fall that much faster.

7. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    On old used things that people are downgrading to will go up in price, the more expensive things that they used to sell millions of and now they don't, those go down in price.

8. Modly

Modly Warranty Voider

Reputations:
    Quit looking at dealerships. You are comparing a beat up car from a private seller to dealers. Honestly, unless a car was less than 3 years old, I wouldn't consider it off a dealer lot.

What city do you live in? You only said South Carolina, so I can't pinpoint cars out for you.

9. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    Yeah, modly is right, you call them a stealership for a reason. They'll offer 1/2 of what you can get private party for a trade in, then charge a good 2-3 times what they paid you. I'm not saying I wouldn't consider off of a dealer lot, I'd just make sure it was the price I wanted, not them.

10. soulsaver_8229

Reputations:
    Summerville/Charleston/North Charleston area.

On all of the sites I used to look around, I did a 200 mile range. Nothing can compare to what I am getting. Getting the title tomorrow.

No one wants to deal as I said before, I offered many times 100-2k off price tags due to knowing it wasnt worth it. Still nothing.

If you find me something cheaper, by all means link away :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.