GenTechPC - Stay Tuned

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by PeeKay, Dec 18, 2019.

1. PeeKay

PeeKay Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, noob here, with an open question. After Thanksgiving, I ordered an MSI GS65 Stealth-1402 nVidia RTX 2060 GPU 6GB GDDR6, from GenTechPC. I saw there were some service glitches but otherwise decent levels of satisfaction with their builds. I pulled the trigger, and bought and paid for the laptop...

...which arrived today, after 20 days (not the "5~10 business days for custom build" promised on their site). It looked and booted up great. Except it's missing one of the two SSDs I ordered. The 1TB Samsung is installed, but the 512GB SSD isn't. I quickly called Ken at GenTechPC, and he acknowledged that the laptop was assembled incorrectly and is missing the second SSD hard drive, and that they would send me a pre-paid UPS label, install the missing drive and return the laptop to me without additional charges.

Ken was a little cagey about how long it would take, given the holidays, but I'm more concerned about what I've bought. If they missed something obvious on an order, what else could be wrong? What could go wrong down the road? Etc etc. They've got my money - did I make a mistake?

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If I was in that situation, I’d work with the vendor and give them the benefit of the doubt. If it doesn’t work out, then get a refund and move on. It sounds like they’ve already demonstrated good faith.

Charles

3. PeeKay

PeeKay Newbie

Reputations:
    Wise words. The G65 Stealth arrived yesterday, 4 1/2 weeks after I first ordered it. It looks right, and my fingers are crossed. It's a good thing I wasn't in any hurry.

Bottom line: they messed up my order, quickly acknowledged their error, but it was weeks to finally get the purchased product. The End.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2020
    Charles P. Jefferies likes this.
  4. PeeKay

PeeKay Newbie

Reputations:
    Postscript: the free Call of Duty game code is expired. Icing on the cake.