Gentech PC

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by MitchRapp01, May 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MitchRapp01

MitchRapp01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm trying to find more info from anyone who has purchased from these guys before. I purchased a notebook on May 2nd. I contacted Gentech PC and they told me it wouldn't ship until the end of May but they couldn't give me an exact date. I've read posts from one or two others that have stated they purchased from Gentech but I'm wondering if anyone would weigh in here. It seems like a long time and somewhat strange that they can't give me an actual date that the computer will ship. Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much.

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You're aware there's a pandemic that's put a strain on supply chains across the globe, right? Nobody knows what's going on so it's better for companies to underpromise and over-deliver.

3. Kildar

Kildar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What did you order? I ordered an MSI GE66 Raider from Xoticpc. The date it's going to ship has been a moving target from late April now to sometime in June.

They are waiting to receive them from MSI. That could be you're problem also.

4. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    10th generation stock is also just generally delayed like Kildar said on his GE66. Lots of new units aren't moving yet from lots of vendors. So it's not something to get upset at Gentech for just yet, this is pretty outside of their control.

5. MitchRapp01

Reputations:
    I'm aware of the pandemic, but thanks for pointing that out.

In regards to what I ordered, I ordered a MSI GT-76 Titan. Gentech said the notebook would have better specs than what I initially ordered but when I asked for details the guy literally said to me, just wait until the end of May. I understand shipping is an issue currently, I just started the thread to see if others have ordered from them before and to see what their experience was like. Normally, a month is a long time to wait for something. But someone said they've been waiting like 2 months I think it was from Xotic PC so I guess that's just the way it is right now. Just spent a lot of money on the computer and I'm a little nervous because I've never gone through Gentech before. But thank you to everyone that's taken the time to reply.

6. MitchRapp01

Reputations:
    Update: Heard back from Gentech PC and they're not sure when the notebook will be shipping (initially said it would be "end of May"). According to them, they are waiting to hear back from MSI. They said they would let me know. We'll see I guess. Sounds similar to Kildar's situation unfortunately.

7. NathanRN

NathanRN Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Any more updates?

I also ordered and may be stuck waiting a long time.

8. MitchRapp01

Reputations:
    They actually told me not until the middle of July. They said the delay was on Intel. Apparently there's shortages I think. They do have the GE75 in stock....im thinking of switching from the GT76 to the GE75 but I can't decide. I really like the GT76....but I also really like the GE75. I decided if there's another delay in the middle of July, I will then just decide on the GE75....2+ months is enough.