GeForce NOW

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by thegreatsquare, Feb 3, 2020.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah I will not be playing halo 5 competively with geforce now....lag is present but for games like witcher 3 ect some racing its a nice experience

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's a big draw for me as well. The fact that a lot of these games are linked to Steam means savegames carry over so I can play locally on my powerful desktop then seamlessly switch over to GeForce Now on my ultrabook.

3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    yeah that was one thing i liked when I was using the beta... I could play like 40 games and not have more than 100mb of games installed on my local drive. witcher is what 50gb and when your ultrabook has a 256gb ssd it's not exactly a fair proposistion.

I have had this 1060 laptop for like 12 days and i can return it....so i called and I can swap it out with cash for a 2070 gp leopard pro laptop but as of now i dont think i will...1060 is more than enough for the million older games i own and have not played and with newer games geforce now is good enough now to bypass the whole heavy and thick laptop

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2020
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    anyone try this yet?

5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    so after a little testing it seems alot snappier vs a few months back...but the graphics and resolution look 900p this is confirmed it does not look 1080p and although the difference is minor its noticeable to the trained eye...if you want to game at 4k this is not for you....however if all you have is an old laptop or an ultrabook this is a slick option

6. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Just perfect timing. Shortage of graphics cards, Increased prices and mining boom. Yeah, just perfect.

Nvidia warned that the $5 “Founders” subscriptions to its stellar GeForce Now game streaming service would only exist for a limited time, and on Thursday the company kept its promise.

Nvidia today announced that it's replaced the Founders membership option for GeForce Now, which offered various benefits over the free tier in exchange for $4.99 per month, with a Priority membership that raises the price to $9.99 per month.

[​IMG]
    Nvidia Introduces More Expensive GeForce Now Priority Memberships tomshardware.com

Nvidia replaced its Founders membership option for GeForce Now with a Priority membership that costs $9.99 per month.

JRE84 and BrightSmith like this.
  7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    might have lost my gaming laptop but my ultrabook and geforce now are good enough

8. hertzian56

hertzian56 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What happened?

9. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    fan went...battery warped....overheating mess that cannot be fixed....water err beer fell on it

hertzian56 and Papusan like this.
  10. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    being a geforce and low settings low demand gamer as is.....geforce now needs more games not better iq its iq is inasane but the selection of games is pitiful