Gears of War

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by kraz30g, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraz30g

kraz30g Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    anyone know how the multiplayer of this game will be? i heard its great but that was from the xbox360 users. for anyone that has played the 360 version, is the multiplayer really great? is it just deathmatch or is there actually some tactics involved? any informatin about multiplayer for pc version of this game would be appreciated. thx

2. dmacfour

dmacfour Are you aware...

Reputations:
    from what I'm told, it is solid, but not very comprehensive. It lacks the wide variety of modes, maps, and options that games like halo, unreal tournament, quake have. I've played it once before.... I thought is was ok. you have to use cover in the same way as in Rainbow Six Vegas, and your health is indicated in the same way as in Vegas. Melee is the most fun. you can walk up top your opponent and chainsaw them. It is gory, but it adds to the intense combat effect.

3. jessi3k3

jessi3k3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    1 word. Shotgunfest. No tactics are involved.

4. unknown555525

unknown555525 rawr

Reputations:
    I've played it.. it's really fast, with tons of campers, obviously. I like it, but compared to other games like counter strike, UT etc.. it's not really that great.

There's alot of people who cheat when I played it, and even if you aren't people ALWAYS accuse you of cheating. I'm not shure if they fixed it, but there was a bug where people could chainsaw someone while crouch running.
    And most matches right at the start some one will run at me, tag me with a grenade to the face, and it's instantly round over! It can be fun though, it's just REALLY predictable.

5. chonga

chonga Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I got sick of it on the 360... it's the same bullcrap.
    someone rushes for the sniper rifle and the grenades.

You either get sniped, tagged with a grenade, or shotgunned.

That is of course not every round, some rounds you are the one tagging or sniping, but it gets old after a while. Some enjoy it very much.

6. X-29

X-29 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Its the second most played Xbox Live game behind halo, so it has some value at least. Gears is not nearly as fast pace as most shooters out there (Halo, UT). It rewards someone who stands still and shoots from behind cover instead of the guy who runs and jumps around a map shooting everyone from midair. So most of the strategy involves pinning your opponents down behind cover and watching your own back to make sure no one chaninsaws you. Only small maps or ones with very narrow bottle necks become shotgun and grenade taging fests.

7. kennedog90c

kennedog90c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I dont know much about the game, does it have a single player story/campaign mode?

8. The Forerunner

The Forerunner Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yeah. Until halo 3 it was the 360's premier title.

9. Nunka

Nunka Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The single player campaign in Gears is damn awesome (based on the hour or two of experience I have playing the 360 version). You can do online co-op as well, which makes it at least twice as fun.

10. Harleyquin07

Harleyquin07 エミヤ

Reputations:
    I'm curious as to the official system requirements for this game, the gamespot review claims the game looks good for those who can exceed the game specs but it doesn't say exactly what the requirements are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.