gave back my gigabyte aero 15 what shall i get? dell xps 9560?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Esaelias187, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Mote

Mote Newbie

Reputations:
    I won't be using FCP.

Doesn't sound too complicated.

I'm not sure what to expect on battery life. I rarely do long stints off cord. A few hours of streaming video on battery would be nice and maybe a couple hours of actual video editing.

My biggest priority is really just reliability. I don't need the top of the top machine, as long as it's reliable and not likely to cause me constant problems.

I'll probably end up buying from Australia. I'm trying to get the most out of this MBPro, but I have a feeling it'll die during my trip.

2. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mote, get the xps 15. It is an awesome device...don't mind the thermal cowboys here. The thing rips the MacBook pro a new asshole in video editing and encoding.

3. Dackzy

Dackzy Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    it doesn't beat the MBP in video editing, unless you use the same software on both. Also the thermal problem isn't small at all.

don_svetlio likes this.
  4. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It works fine for 30 seconds and then becomes next to useless in order to not melt its own power delivery :D

5. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thermal cowboys incoming......Exactly YOU USE THE SAME SOFTWARE the dell smokes the MBP....MEANING ITS FASTER.....wow. You guys have problems with reality.

Don....not as useless as the MacBook pro it flew past in speed while doing the conversions...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2017
  6. don_svetlio

Reputations:
    No, not as useless. Worse. As we've already discussed, a MBP running at 2.4GHz is about 3x better than the stock XPS 15 running at 800MHz

7. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyways....keep playing with your little tests and everything. People actually USEING their xps machines KNOW DIFFERENT than you running silly benchmarks...Like I said, XPS = FASTER than MBP...and other machines. You can claim what you want. The truth is that it's faster. Put two of the devices side by side, running the same software doing the same thing the xps is MUCH FASTER....I know that's hard for you to comprehend since your little benchmarks and desktop racing would make you think otherwise. REAL WORLD USE says something completely different. Thermal Cowboys hi-HO!

8. don_svetlio

Reputations:
  9. custom90gt

custom90gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'll just chime in here that a quick google search shows Macbook pro owners going through the same issues. It's not just my wife's MBP that has issues...

The XPS has issues, but if you don't think the MBP does as well, you're in denial (an no not in Egypt)...

10. don_svetlio

Reputations:
    I'm not saying it doesn't have issues - I'm arguing with the statement that the thermal issues on the XPS 15 don't affect performance - they clearly do.