1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Gateway NV79 Motherboard LA-5881P Locating the LED Fuse

Discussion in 'Gateway and eMachines' started by cybertourniquet, Dec 20, 2011.

1. cybertourniquet

cybertourniquet Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried to replace the broken LED screen from Gateway NV79 Laptop and I ended up blowing the backlight fuse on the motherboard.

I installed the new screen and the screen is really dark. I put back the old one to make sure that is not the new screen that's messed up but the light won't turn on. So I believe I blown the LED backlight fuse on the mother board.

I spent enough time last night trying to figure out where the fuse is but until now I still can't find the right fuse for the led backlight on the motherboard.

Can you guys please help me finding the location of the fuse. Thank you.

This is the part underneath the LED connection on the motherboard

[​IMG]