Gaming on a plane for 12 hours

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by MonarchX, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I was playing the original Company of Heroes for the first time yesterday. My fans hardly kicked up on max details at 1600x900.

2. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You started a thread saying the exact opposite..

3. MonarchX

MonarchX Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Which part? I said it appears we cannot even use 17" laptops on planes because everyone kept saying it won't fit, but I figured if it won't fit onto the tray, then it can fit on my lap, can't it?

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Depending on the plane and the seats. I'm 6'1" and I have had issues able to sit with my knees straight on, had to spread them or lean to one side the whole flight. I'm fat, but not that fat (~ 230lbs), I have a little bit of a belly and tray table pushed right up against my gut. If the person in fornt of me reclined I would have been trapped, literally. 13" notebook barely had enough room, let alone a 15 or 17".

5. Qing Dao

Qing Dao Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just checked the width of your laptop and the width of airline seats. With an arm rest on each side, the laptop will be blocked from resting on your knees.

6. MonarchX

MonarchX Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Damn it, maybe it can rest on the arm rests? I am skinny, so I'll just have to keep it side-ways a bit, enough to see what's on the screen, even though TN angles will suck! I'll figure something out, start chanting "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" or something strange and people will move away, letting me have 2 seats. There's ALWAYS a way!

7. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    Don't worry, just be yourself and people will give you plenty of room! ;)

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. MonarchX

MonarchX Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Either that or I will have to suck it up and go first class! BTW, no offense, but your sig is outdated.

9. Qing Dao

Qing Dao Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For the extra price of the first class ticket, you could buy yourself a smaller disposable gaming laptop to use just for the flight there and back. As a bonus, when you are walking around outside carrying your big laptop for no reason and you get mugged, you have a backup laptop to game on. Also what sort of a person in this day and age affords 17" gaming monsters and first class airline tickets but is forced to live in a dangerous ghetto?

Starlight5 likes this.
  10. n=1

n=1 YEAH SCIENCE!

Reputations:
    I don't get it, why do you still bother with this question? After no less than 5 separate people have told you it's not a good idea, you're still here trying to find ways to convince us (or is it really yourself?) that it'll work, somehow.

So go ahead and buy that 17.3" laptop and use it to game on the plane for 12 hours and be happy. The end.

TomJGX, Starlight5 and hfm like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.