Gaming on a Laptop while on Battery

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by PJPeter, Oct 11, 2018.

1. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This sounds like you're running in battery saver mode, with 20W system power limit. I got 2500 I TimeSpy on the 2070 in Better Battery mode utilising 40W. Bet it would go even faster in max performance mode etc.

2. MorphineX

MorphineX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was using msi afterburner and I didn't find anything that modifies power limit to gpu.

Native power options on windows, how do you suppose it's 20 watt or 40 watt? I was running the benchmark on max performance mode.

3. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I installed this app called BatteryCare and it shows total system power draw.

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Your Alienbook want fight on portability and battery with Blade? here’s Blade Gtx 1070 Blade Battery vs plugged performance
    Battery vs plugged (around 22% lower and that’s also answered your question in m15 thread:))
    Here’s the battery life proof on paperwork. Gaming it’ll be 1 to 2 hours depends the game (tripple A, 2d maybe more), no gaming battery screenshoot anyway you never also provide one.
    For completeness
    here’s why Blade has no m2 slot
    1. the most powerful compact laptop.
    17876F2A-FCD1-4AD2-BE63-AE6233D55923.jpeg
    2. TB3 like Razer Core can be host to another ultrabook, with Blade line it’s plug and play, with AGA even it’s more powerful you can’t do this you should restart the system, and can only be host by Alienbook
    3. I know both Dell and Razer Support isn’t the best but Razer got a lot improvement.
    https://insider.razer.com/index.php?threads/razer-support-a-2019-winner.48668/
    4. Another answer for you your timespy still under Blade 15 with same specs.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  5. MorphineX

MorphineX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Joikansai post with Battery vs plugged reaffirms that 1070 MaxQ is the better choice while on battery. He literally got 2x your score and 3x my score. I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070 MaxQ

6. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would be very careful with his benchmark results, since just a few days ago he posted a seemingly 1070 MaxQ score in Alienware forums, which turned out to be an eGPU score upon closer inspection. 2x my earlier result in battery saving mode is basically what a Razer with 1070MaxQ can achieve plugged in. I'm literally too busy to run any battery testing and tweaking now, maybe over the weekend.

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Dude on that forum you’re keeping asking me my timespy score. And I posted egpu score which’s a lot higher and anyone can notice that because you keep thinking your Laptop is better than any Razer laptops, of course your model better (edit: performance on ac Adapter:D) compared to last year gtx 1070maxq. If you need YouTube video running it on battery I would happily providing, that’s legit score, 22% weaker.
    BTW about video just like you, maybe firstly on weekend if you need.