Gaming - OC vs Stock comparison

Discussion in 'HP' started by brnkcv, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxpressed

boxpressed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It includes all of the system drivers that I noticed with the full install without all of the bloatware.

2. Mattias L

Mattias L Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!
    I bought my DV7 2 weeks ago and was really dissapointed over the graphic performance of it.
    I turned off the auto switching between the Radeon and the Intel, Only use the Radeon.
    In 3D-software (maya and lightwave) it is a pain in the ¤%& using OpenGL-views.
    The only game I play is WoW and at 1600x900 fullscreen, medium graphics, it work steady between 15-20 FPS! :(

I've updated the drivers as listed in this thread but got no better performance. When using 3D-marks I get around 0.9-1.2 FPS in the tests (except CPU-test which work fine).

When I read this post I downloaded TRIXX and tried just apply the standard settings, no overclocking.
    With that suddenly WoW works in high settings around 55-60 FPS and OpenGL in LW and Maya works fine.
    I have no idea why?

3. Beradon

Beradon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If your machine is <2 weeks old then you likely have the dynamic switchable graphics we've all been debating about in numerous threads. Likely the reason you were experiencing performance like that is you needed to right-click on your desktop, select Configure Switchable Graphics, and set the executeable and/or shortcut for each of the programs you want to run on the ATI card to 'high performance'. Its a little convuluted but it works. TRIXX may have disabled running off the slower Intel HD. Or autodefaulted everything to high performance. I'm unsure as I've never used it, but going to take a look at it now.

I'm also a WoW player and at 1920x1080 with the game set on high (except view distance, set to ultra) I get 35-50 fps depending on where I am and what is going on. Likely the higher res I'm running and the addition of the ultra view distance accounts for the slightly lower FPS I see.

4. cotton_mouth

cotton_mouth Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I did as u asked, but now I can't seem to switch to Intel graphics. I click on the Power saving GPU button and nothing happens.

5. brnkcv

brnkcv Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't know what ya'll are talking about. I can run Crysis 2 with 30 FPS with everything maxed out in 720p and I get 30 fps in mass effect 2 with everything maxed out in 1080p. The card is working great for me. Also, NBC confirms that the card is pretty high on the midrange.

6. Samip

Samip Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm getting 60 on Mass Effect 2 @ 1360 x 768, Crysis 2 varies from 22-35.

7. brnkcv

brnkcv Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Pretty amazing, right? Especially for a lil ole 6770m.

8. Winkyeye

Winkyeye Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What program are you guys using to OC, especially those who are increasing the voltages?

I've tried sapphire trixx to OC but it always ruins my OS and causes constant crashing and kernel failures/BSOD after using the computer on battery...

9. Retiredat21

Retiredat21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    im getting 35-45 fps in crysis 2 in gamer settings.. 30-40fps in advance setting ings.

Resolution at 1360 x 768

I also have the dv6100 version with dynamic switching

10. Retiredat21

Retiredat21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    im getting 35-45 fps in crysis 2 in gamer settings.. 30-40fps in advance setting ings.

Resolution at 1360 x 768

I also have the dv6100 version with dynamic switching

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.