Gaming Laptop Guide - Pascal Edition

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Galm, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Addicted2GamZz

Addicted2GamZz Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone? Should i get the Alienware 17 R4 with an i7-7820HK/GTX 1080 or is there still issues with the i7-7820HK/GTX 1080?
    Thanks please let me know as i might be buying it soon :)

2. Ravern87

Ravern87 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So from what I've seen and read alienware has made improvements to the laptops. However, it seems like the 7820HK and ttc 1080 combo still run on the hottrr side in the alienware 17 r4. It think it's a lot less likely than before that you'll get a "bad thermal system but it's still def happening. If you buy an alienware laptop at the very least expect to open her up and do a repasted. But hey, some people have said they ordered their laptops recently and got solid units with no issues. But from what I've heard once u get the thernals under control these laptops are powerhouses. Maybe someone else can comment as I'm only speaking from what I have seen and read I have not bought my laptop...YET :)

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    The mess is still there. Take al look into the different AW sub-threads

4. Addicted2GamZz

Reputations:
    I asked DELL and they said the newer AW 17 R4's heat/thermal issues have been fixed is that true?

5. Ravern87

Reputations:
    Are the thermal issues as bad as they were?? No. Are there still laptops shipping with thermal issues? Yes. If you order from dell...just make sure you she'll out some extra cash for a good extended warranty.

6. Addicted2GamZz

Reputations:
    So if i order from DELL will i get thermal issues? Has anyone got game stuttering issues? I like the AW 17 R4(i7-7820HK/GTX 1080) but scared/terrified to get incase it gets too hot and waste of money :( :( plz help

7. Ravern87

Reputations:
    LOL I feel like your going to keep asking until you get the answer that you wanna hear. There is no definite answer to your question. Like I said they have improved thermal issues a lot. But are they gone completely?? No. They're not. People still report thermal issues. But like I said. If you order one just make sure you get the extended warranty and upon receiving your new laptop test it and check thermals and make sure your satisfied. If not you can repasted yourself or send the laptop to iunlock to have him do his custom heatsink mods. It order through a retailer like HIDevoultion.com and they can repasted and stress test before they send it out to you.

8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    There will always be major deviations with a flawed HS design. And who knows how many heatsink versions / revisions will be produced for Dell. Looks like a lottery...

9. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    Yes if you aren't comfortable repasting yourself or getting unlock/hid or something to do it for you it can be risky.

10. istudyuk

istudyuk Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes! you can buy. that will be very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.