Gaming - dv6tqe/dv7tqe

Discussion in 'HP Pavilion Notebooks' started by Bag3l, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winkyeye

Winkyeye Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    there's a lot more things connected to the motherboard that had to be disconnected to flip it for the repaste. the good thing is that you don't have to remove the screen to repaste though.

2. taxmantoo

taxmantoo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't know about the dv6, but the removal instructions for the cooling apparatus on the dv7 can be summed up as:

1. Disassemble computer completely.
    2. Remove motherboard.
    3. Remove cooler from motherboard.

3. topper1988

topper1988 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could you please post your CPU and GPU temps when playing GTA IV and check for possible throttling?

I'm planning on buying a new notebook, the dv6 or the m14-x, depending on how good the cooling is.

4. Winkyeye

Reputations:
    yea you basically had to disassemble everything to access the heatsink

first go at it took me like 3 hours to take it apart and put back together. the 2nd time around only took me like 40 min.

here's a picture for those interested
    [​IMG]

5. Bag3l

Bag3l Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    1 more question: What paste did you use? haha

6. Winkyeye

Reputations:
    I used IC-diamond. I dunno if I heated it up enough before applying since it was really hard to squeeze what was left out of the tube.

7. saladin416

saladin416 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hi guys, new here

waiting on my laptop DV7qe. delayed to May 2nd :S

ive got the following games readying to go as soon as i get it :)

Crysis
    Spider man shattered dimensions
    Assassins creed 2 brotherhood

anyone try these games yet on the 6770m yet? thanks

8. saladin416

saladin416 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    one more thing. i have an Xbox360 and PS3, anyone get their respective controllers working on their laptop??

ive heard you can, if so please share your vast knowledge :D

9. XEROenvy

XEROenvy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can use both. Here's how:

For Xbox 360 (Wired):
    You can use any wired Xbox 360 controller, install driver from Microsoft (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Microsoft Hardware. This is the easiest thing to do if you have a wired controller. Keep in mind games have to support controllers...

For Xbox 360 (Wireless):
    You can buy a wireless receiver for PC to connect Wireless Controllers. It probably comes packaged with this one: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows | Microsoft Hardware. Or you can search for one online (used at ebay). Since Microsoft has controller drivers it is pretty simple. But probably most expensive and games have to support it...

PS3 controller (Wireless/Wired solution):
    This is the cheapest in your case (if you don't have wired 360 controller). Download the MotionJoy driver for PS3 controller: MotioninJoy | Playstation 3|Xbox 360|Dualshock 3|Sixaxis|Game|Driver|
    If you have Bluetooth built in (or if you have a USB Bluetooth dongle), you can play wirelessly! It is great. If you don't you can get it to work with the USB cable used to connect to PS3. MotionJoy's website has plenty of tutorials and you can also check out Youtube how to's. :cool:
    The very cool thing about MotionJoy is that it can emulate the 360 controller for Windows Live games and others and this works really well. But the games have to support it...

Now I have used the 360 wired controller in the past with Halo 1. Not a very great experience as on the Xbox, but it was playable. Recently I played GTA IV with the PS3 controller (via MotionJoy) and in order to do this had tell MotionJoy to emulate the 360 controller. Once you do it, it's very simple. And it worked PERFECTLY! :D And you can use the SixAxis functions too, but I didn't really use them.

I really hope this helps! And by the way, for games that don't support controllers, it is possible (has to be, right :confused:?) to download programs or utilities that will allow you to use joysticks and controllers for Keyboard/Mouse input, however, I have never tried to do that mostly because unless a game supports controllers, it is not going to work well, and also I don't think it's worth finding a decent, malware, virusfree software to do this as well as worth putting bloatware on your PC.

Please Rep if this helped! :cool:

10. saladin416

saladin416 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    wow, thanks bro, *rep'ed*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.