G73JH Weird Temperature Issue

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by himynamesnoah, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himynamesnoah

himynamesnoah Newbie

Reputations:
    I fixed it, it was the color bit depth. For some reason it got changed to 16-bit.

EDIT: Well, all my problems seemed to have vanished. I'm getting low temps, and good FPS. The battery seems fine now too. I'm running my GPU at 800/1100. I'll probably try and go higher tomorrow. It seems like i'm not passing around 73C, on BF3, which is really weird, but it's cool with me.

This is awesome. Thanks for all the help.

2. Toxictaru

Toxictaru Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If your battery keeps giving weird charge levels, it could be an indication of a few things. Simplest solution is to just reset the battery, easily done by running a benchmark test in DOS mode with the power unplugged (will kill the charge quick). You can also change the power settings in Windows to not warn/shutdown when the battery reaches certain levels... the DOS method is more reliable as far as killing the charge though.

My JH had the same problem. Battery light started blinking, even when plugged in. Started showing weird wear levels, which started to drop quickly. I reset the battery first, and that cleared the problem. However, my wife went ahead and took my laptop for Mass Effect 3 day, and ran it on battery for a while. From that point on, I couldn't get it back to normal, and ultimately found the battery had died.

There could be any number of problems, but those two are reasonably common.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.