1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

G73 Keyboard Lights not coming on

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by HaleFire7, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hakira

hakira <3 xkcd

2. voleman

voleman Newbie

Fn-F4 should do the trick?

3. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

No, your lights are fine. Cycle the left lights button in the upper left corner until the blue bar is on under your laptop screen., The use Fn+F4 to brighten the keys.

4. Chet L.

Chet L. Notebook Guru

The blue bar doesn't have to be on to turn on the keyboard lights. Just hit the Fn+F4 and the keyboard lights should come on.

5. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

I wanted to make sure the laptop wasn't set to not having any lights on, then Fn+F4 does nothing.

6. GadgetStalker

GadgetStalker Notebook Enthusiast

well what can I say?, I feel a bit silly now ... thanks for your help, fn+f4 solved my KB backlight.

7. ghostybones

ghostybones Newbie

(The following is only applicable if your keyboard lights *flash* upon startup, but then don't light up the rest of the time.)

If the fn+f4 key combination isn't working for you, try starting up your laptop with no battery in, just the a/c adapter plugged in. I just tried this with my G73s and the keyboard lights turned back on.

*Another work-around to try: I know this sounds crazy, but when your laptop is on, close the lid so that the computer will go to sleep (wait 30 seconds or so). When the computer is asleep and the lid is closed, pull out the a/c adapter, and then also pull out the battery, and then plug the a/c adapter back in (computer still asleep). Then open the lid so that the laptop is on and running again, only on a/c power (no battery). Use the fn+f4 combo at that moment. You should get the "Brightness up" module that indicates the keyboard lights are on.

8. Bi0hazzard

Bi0hazzard Newbie

FIX: here is the answer you've all been looking for! ok so i have an asus g73sw-xt1 and was having same issue. so i did some digging and it turns out fix is so super simple. simply reinstall the ATK driver that comes on the drivers CD with your laptop. (typed out on my now backlit keyboard!)

9. fantomasz

fantomasz Notebook Deity

I never update bios in my computers.never.
    just my 2 cents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.