G701 VI : Touchpad gestures (multi-finger scroll etc) stop working after shutdown

Discussion in 'Asus' started by DontWorrys, Sep 19, 2017.

1. DontWorrys

DontWorrys Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Awesome man! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out! I ordered a XB72K earlier this week since I found one on sale and it should arrive this Friday. I will definitely test the touchpad and try your fix if it does the same thing. Unfortunately I had to send the XB78K back since I could not find a solution before reaching my return window deadline. I will provide an update on my findings.

Side questions:
    Is the raid 0 setting locked? I would like to upgrade the ssd size sometime down the line and after some research in other forums it seems like there may be no way to install non raided drives.

Also, (if you've experienced this with your G701), does your "reset pc" options work at all? the XB78K would just reach 100% while setting up for reset and then reboot into safe mode with none of the available options (except shutdown) working. I was forced to perform clean usb installs of win10 to "reset". I had to manually load the intel raid drivers since the toshiba ssd's could not be detected by default.

2. DontWorrys

DontWorrys Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It looks like the windows 10 anniversary update/fall creators update breaks the touch pad drivers. The fix did not work for me unfortunately. I've decided to return the G701.

3. trannick

trannick Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey man, if you ever want to try again with another Asus ROG laptop, you could always try this fix that I eventually moved on to use (the previous fix was undone when I accidentally changed some settings on ROG Gaming Center.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93405-G-752-VS-Touchpad-Gesture-Fix

Be warned, the admin of Asus ROG forums says that it contains malware. The solution does work, however, and no detectable problems so far. Your call, man! I've been thoroughly enjoying using my G701VI now that that's outta the way.