1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

G60Jx Speakers Won't Work But Headphones Do

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by FuzzyMcDoodle, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyMcDoodle

FuzzyMcDoodle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I've had my Jx for a few months now, and I love it... does everything I want it to. Recently, after playing ArmA 2 I plugged in some surround sound speakers into the correct jack to get the full awesomeness of the game. After unplugging it and being done with ArmA, my speakers won't work. I can see, while in the volume tab, that the audio is working but just doesn't come out of the speakers.

Everything is good, drivers are fine, default devices show response with audio and have that green arrow next to them. Headphones work fine, but my speakers won't.

After doing some Googling about the issue, some people had to send in they laptops for a new one as it is a hardware issue. If worst comes to worst I am willing to do that (obviously), but if there is a solution that I can do it would obviously be easier I hope.

Thanks!

2. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Disable and reinstall the audio drivers, sometimes it takes a kick in the pants to get them working again.

3. FuzzyMcDoodle

Reputations:
    Eh, care to explain how...

4. theholyangel

theholyangel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. FuzzyMcDoodle

Reputations:
    Oh, found a solution... basically d my headphone jack and it went back to normal.

Thanks a bunch for the link!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.