1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

G50V upside down webcam

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by jeresmith25, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Oldman

Oldman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Check ASUS website for downloads.
    They have utilities software - besides of virtual camera 2 more programs - Lifeframe is probably that one you need

2. jeresmith25

jeresmith25 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmmm ok I guess I did not see the lifeframe one. I have downloaded the virtual cam 2 with no luck but I will look for the other one now.

Will post results.

3. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    But both lifeframe and virtual camera are not drivers, lifeframe allow you to take picture and virtual camera lets you use multiple IM programs with camera.

4. Freakish123

Freakish123 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Has anyone solved this issue?

I just bought an N50 and have the same issue, Gmail VideoChat is upside down, as is any other Windows or Linux webcam enabled program. It's just pathetic that this is still an issue, and Asus provide no fix!

5. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I think the problem is because WIndows install it's own driver just like XP does, when that happens the Camera will say: USB Webcam instead of USB 2.0 UVC Webcam. try go to device manager, right click on it and choose update driver with drivers CD in there and just let let do automatically search for driver, that should fix it.

6. dsptech

dsptech Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem with an N50v.
    I resolved it by editing the snp2uvc.inf file.
    Open it with notepad and search for the word "flip".
    You'll see entries like this...
    "HKR,DefaultSettings,Flip,0x00010001,0 - and - HKR,Settings,Flip,0x00010001,0".
    Change the last digit (zero) to a "1" to all instances.
    Save the file and re-install your drivers manually from Device Manager.
    Choose the driver to install, do not let Windows search for you.
    Reboot and your video will be in the correct orientation.

7. LENIN_CZ

LENIN_CZ Newbie

Reputations:
    THX for help It was very good advice. :)

8. Junio

Junio Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. daneel

daneel Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried editing of the INF file and it worked !! Thanks a lot!

10. asus xb

asus xb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i had the same prob with ultimate downloaded installed package as admin everything works fine now thanks alot for the help

11. klumsyboy

klumsyboy Newbie

Reputations:

Hi your solution worked best for me, I have G50VT dual boot vista x64 with windows 7 x64 ultimate. I installed win 7 x64 this morning then I followed the guides and installed all the Asus stuff (did not bother with the INF update) then after all the effort taking hours of my life, I found the camera was inverted, and to add insult to injury, the drivers off the asus website would not directly install in windows 7. Then I tried to update by using the device manager and it was still inverted. Then I unhid the file extensions, edited the 2 entries of the snp2uvc.inf as you described et voila! the camera is no longer inverted and I can now do the smart logon with my picture hee hee. Thanks so much.

ps I registered just so I can thank you. And this forum is the best source of Asus g50vt troubleshooting tips :)

12. KatyKat

KatyKat Newbie

Reputations:
    I also have a G50V and an upside down webcam. My computer crashed and a friend helped me recover it with the recovery disk it came with. I had saved all the drivers I needed to a flash drive to get everything working again. I had Lifeframe on my computer before the crash, but it's no where to be found on here now. Logged into YIM to chat with a friend and realized that the cam was upside down. The driver I got off of the ASUS site made my computer crash again. :confused: What do I do now? How can I fix this and get Lifeframe back? I'm terrible with computers...please help me!

13. HawkeyeNak

HawkeyeNak Newbie

Reputations:
    I also have a g50vt, and I am having the same problem, but when I do all the steps as noted above, and I go to update my drivers manually, I get a message saying that windows has determined that my driver is already up to date?!?!?! Can someone please help me with this?

14. muzhik

muzhik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

download this driver (vista 64bit) http://goo.gl/smxw0

follow these steps to update:

1. in device manager, find your camera
    2. right click, update driver software
    3. select Browse my computer for driver software
    4. select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    5. select Have disk
    6. browse to the folder where you extracted downloaded file and select .inf file (should only be one) then hit ok
    7. let it install, now test the camera

hope this helps, pm if you need assistance in figuring this out.

15. overdoze19

overdoze19 Newbie

Reputations:
    its not instaling

help me y have a asus k50c and y have install the webcam driver but when you open a web application to see webcam its see normal but when open the webcam in Yahoo Messenger application is seen upside down

16. Toxictaru

Toxictaru Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would suggest checking Yahoo Messenger options, if you're only having the problem there.