G-Mail

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CSpwntsYOU, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSpwntsYOU

CSpwntsYOU Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Anybody know what the deal is with google's Gmail? I got an invite from a friend and i've set up an account. Its in testing and hasnt been released to anyone unless you get an invite. It gives you 1000mb of space, but i am curious if anyone knows anything else about it.

Inspiron 9100- 3.2ghz P4 HT - 1gb RAM - 100GB HD - 4x dvd/cd burner -128mb ATI 9700.

2. Brian

Brian Working at 486 Speed NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    What else do you want to know? It made huge news about 6 months ago when it started. It's a web based email program with extensive store and history/tracking. There are privacy conerns about the ads, but those are generally by people with no clue.

Editor in Chief http://www.bargainPDA.com and http://www.SPOTstop.com

3. CSpwntsYOU

CSpwntsYOU Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well 6 months ago I was on life support after i wrecked my motor cycle, guess i should have kept up on the latest in internet e-mail services despite the fact. I was just curious though because it's still in testing and I have had my account and just got my 6 invites and didnt understand that if it was "Old News" why it is not open for everyone to get off of google. But I suppose there is nothing I "need" to know, just wondering if there was more behind it since it seems differant then other email services. Sarcasim is always appreciated from a forum that is supposed to offer information on questions such as this.[;)]

Inspiron 9100- 3.2ghz P4 HT - 1gb RAM - 100GB HD - 4x dvd/cd burner -128mb ATI 9700.

4. CSpwntsYOU

CSpwntsYOU Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    what is this i hear about free ipods???? they are just giving them away?? oh wait, thats old news too...forgive me for asking about it, Ill just read all the posts that are up about this scam that you refuse to take down, gotta love free publicity for this bs thats making millions off of fools that have the time to set up accounts and such for something they will probably never recieve, however those same people dont even have the patience to answer a question in a polite way.

thanks

5. shep1point8

shep1point8 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a gmail account and love it,[:D] I like the invite system, it keeps tons of people from just joining and becoming johndoe#2145987013@gmail.com , which is what I always hated about other free email services.

Regards,

Shep

6. Rodger

Rodger Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    But don't they want tons of people to join?

<blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by shep1point8

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  7. eskimo_socks

eskimo_socks Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    if anyone feels like sending me an invite I'd be much obliged.... [:D]

madabouthamsters@yahoo.co.uk

Have
    Dell Inspiron 2500, 800 Mhz P3, 312 MB Ram, 6.5 MB Onboard Graphics

Want
    Dell 9200, 2.0 GHz, 1024 MB Ram, 128 MB Ati Mobility Radeon 9700 Graphics

8. minimumwage1990@aol.com

minimumwage1990@aol.com Newbie

Reputations:
    can someone please send me an invite to gmail, PLEASE! minimumwage1990@aol.com

9. gts2k

gts2k Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    can I get one too
    225@canada.com
    thxz

10. chandlerjea

chandlerjea Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    does anyone know how long it takes before you aquire invites to give to others??

Sharp AL27, Athlon 64 2700+ 60Gb hdd, 512Mb mem, 64Mb vid, superbright lcd. Great choice for business use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.