FSB downclock mod on the intel GL960 and GL40 --- useful info for PLL Modders

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by naton, Aug 21, 2011.

1. macloo

macloo Newbie

Reputations:
    You understood me wrong. I found, but not soldered yet. Before soldering I tried to start this new x9100 CPU as is - without shorten legs. But when notebook starts, monitor don't start.

Well, if it is normal for x9100 not to start without shorten legs, that's OK. If not, I will try to change CPU.

1. I've changed my CMOS battery with a new one - no result.
    2. I've took out some parts and tried to start computer with a few parts in order to reduce power consumption: moterboard, processor, monitor, 1 RAM module, VGA card and CPU fan - no result.
    3. I've changed more powerful power supply 90W -> 120W. No result.
    4. I've tried other RAM modules - no result.
    When I get back to my old CPU, notebook starts fine.

My friend says there is indicator of postcodes. It can show, what's the problem. Well... maybe... :-( What do you think about that? Do you use it in your practise?

If you have any other ideas, please, help me.

2. macloo

macloo Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried to solder A20, B23, AE3 and AF9 on motherboard. There are my photos with testing. But there is no result. :-( I'm making a return of this X9100 CPU. By the way, I soldered wires with opportunity to cut them. When I install my old T7700 CPU I just disconnect the wires, and it works.

3. charm553

charm553 Newbie

Reputations:

4. charm553

charm553 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I'm trying to downclock a t9800 from 1066 to 800. But I can't find no diagrams, photos or anything resembling what I'm looking for. Everything for overclocking, but not downclocking.

The very first post images are not shown due to ImageShack place holder. So, if someone can direct me to a diagram or chart or picture explaining the procedure, I would greatly appreciate it.

5. macloo

macloo Newbie

Reputations:
    You should make a jumper between A20 & B23 and AE3 & AF9. Here is my photo of these pins, when I tried to find them on my motherboard.
    [​IMG]
    You can view triturbo's post, where he gives his photos of jumpers, installed in socket.

6. Michael V.

Michael V. Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi naton,
    Only four+ years after your successful CPU change I'd like to replace my T9300 CPU for a T9900 on my old Dell XPS M1730 (Intel PM965 chipset). I already got the CPU sitting here. My first switch-over led to a non-booting system, i.e. ZERO response on power up. The CPU was supposedly tested and works, so I suspect that my A10 Bios is the issue here. I will update the BIOS again to A11 (the latest version available from Dell) even though the fan tables were driving me nuts.

From what I read in posts from you and others here, the switch should be possible and not too difficult (providing the CPU works). However, all photos referred to showing the details of the BSEL mod have been filled with placeholders and are not visible anymore.

My questions to you:

1) Is there a newer (/better) BIOS available for my system than the A11 supplied by Dell?
    2) Where can I find photos showing details of the BSEL Mod on a Socket P?
    3) Are there Step-by-Step Instructions for the whole process somewhere?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
    Michael

chazfarote likes this.
  7. anan.faiyaz

anan.faiyaz Newbie

Reputations:
    the imageshack photo was removed ,,,,, can anybody please provide a new one? pleaseee!! in desperate need @_@

8. anan.faiyaz

anan.faiyaz Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a lenovo G450 with a Intel T4200 processor , i want to upgrade to T9900 ..... can anyone please provide with a video or pictures of the modding proccess? ....@_@ any help will highly be appreciated ..

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

9. scoppy

scoppy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi ! can some one reup/send to me bsel photos? links are broken

10. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations: