FS: ZTecPC / Clevo x170SM w/extras

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by Terreos, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    ZTecPC / Clevo x170SM w/extras

Price: $2800 USD or best offer

Condition: Used

Warranty: Yes, Expires November 2023 ((Accidental coverage included))

Reason for sale: Down Sizing

Payment: PayPal

Item location: Pittsburgh, Pa, USA

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service, UPS, FedEx
    International shipping: No
    Handling time: Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

Feedback: NotebookReview Forum Feedback Thread, eBay Feedback Profile

Specifications: 17.3" 1080p 144HZ G-sync Display
    Wi-Fi 6 AX201
    Delidded Binned 5.0GHz 1.310v i9-10900K
    Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x 16GB) 2666MHz RAM
    RTX 2080 SUPER 200W
    256GB M.2

D28A85CF-A228-4C3D-AE6D-40FACAAD6F3D.jpeg

3DCDEA9A-573E-4E8F-911F-352963FED636.jpeg

DF91FD3B-5843-4784-8BC4-E1CE14CC8FF2.jpeg

E7FA601F-3874-42FE-91FF-3C0B7EF53A1B.jpeg

CAB9544C-D2AF-4E37-8DF4-7D515D3C4DEB.jpeg
    Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

I'm selling my Clevo x170 that I purchased from ZTecPC. This comes with the Prema Bios, mods by Mr. Fox, and delidded i9-10900K. So this is the best version of this machine you can buy as far as cooling and overclocking is concerned. I'm including the stock 256GB M.2 that came with the device so you will need to provide your own for more storage. I'm upgrading the stock 8GB of RAM that came with the device with 32GB of Corsair RAM. If you really don't want them I can put the stock 8GB in. You will also be getting two sets of the dual 280w power bricks. I kept one set in my back pack so I didn't have to unplug the main ones all the time.

If you do not want the CPU or any of the other main components please let me know via PM and we can talk it over. The 2080 Super must stay with the system. I will not part it out.

I will only sell to established and active members. No Begging or Low Balling. You will be ignored.

Any serious buyers please PM me and I will answer any questions as fast as I can. I will provide more pictures upon request.

PS: The Stormtrooper is not for sale. :D

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Jaces9900, Mr. Fox, MxDe and 3 others like this.
  2. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You must've been one of the other individuals that bought an X170SM-G during zTecpc's summer sale. I ordered their very last unit and it was a dud, so I haven't gotten it yet since it had to be RMA'ed.

I ordered the thing in July and it's supposed to arrive at long last by the end of next week. Fingers crossed it does and that the new motherboard lasts the entire useful lifetime of the machine. I'll be a very happy camper.:D

While I hope for the best, you're my backup plan if things go sideways. I already bought parts for the laptop that I cannot return anymore (RAM and a CPU), so I'm all in for this. Plus, I really want this laptop, so I'm getting it one way or another.

We'll see how things turn out. Fingers crossed all goes well!

Terreos likes this.
  3. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    I’ve been thinking of selling it for awhile. I should’ve told ya. Lol. But if things turn sideways let me know and it’s yours. ;)

And I was one of first to buy one of these laptops when they went live. I think I got the third one sold by ZTecPc

Papusan and Clamibot like this.
  4. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Gr8 machine, only problem that I am in EU :)

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    Hmmmm, you're only like 5hrs from me. Let me know if any of the laptops in my sig peak your fancy for a potential trade scenario if you're looking for something lighter and more portable.

6. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    I’m not sure how ZTecPc would handle the warranty if you needed it. I don’t believe they were even shipping to outside the US if you wanted to buy from them directly. I’d have to see about that.

You really like your acer machines huh? None of those models really catch my eye though. :oops:

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It is a great machine. I was going to ping @electrosoft if he hadn't already found the thread.

Papusan, electrosoft and Terreos like this.
  8. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    You're making it sound like this is like an event. :D

Papusan, Mr. Fox and Clamibot like this.
  9. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It kind of is. You're selling the best possible configuration of an already super badass laptop. I'm surprised this thread isn't swarming with replies.

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I agree. It is an event. But, the lack of swarming is expected. Just take a passing glance at the pathetic trash that most people purchase and it's pretty obvious the average laptop buyer's standards are extremely low and most of them want castrated rubbish. As long as it is thin, light and has RGB then to them that is badass-enough and they're good to go. It's really sad, but that is why the X170 stands alone as the only remaining legit DTR beastbook that money can buy.

Papusan and Clamibot like this.