FS: XPS M1530, As-Is, Parts Only **Cheap**

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by James, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James

James Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    1) XPS M1530 with the following specs:
    Note: I am not including the Hard Drive

Service TagC3QTNG1
    Computer Model XPS M1530
    Shipping Date 6/28/2008
    Country United States

Processor, T7250, 2.0, 2MB Core Merom
    Video: 8400gs w/ 128mb Dedicated
    Assembly, Adapter, Alternating Current, 90W
    Assembly, Camera, 2M
    4gb ram 667
    Pink M1530 15.4 WXGA+
    Dvd+/-rw
    Internal Bluetooth, 355

2) I bought this new on 6/28/2008. The current condition is used, with obvious signs of wear. It is currently dissembled, but I can put it back together if the buyer requests.

3)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4) I am going to start at $80 shipped but I am absolutely open to offers. :D

5) Paypal is fine. I also have an account at Amazon Payments if that is preferred.

6) I will only cover shipping within the USA, but I am willing to ship outside the US if there is any interest.

7) I've sold a few things on NBR before. My ebay User ID is MrMediocracy (changed recently). Send me a message on there for verification if you like.

8) There is obviously no warranty. The computer does work. It boots and runs beautifully through HDMI only, which means the video card and CPU are in perfect working order. I cannot get the internal LCD to work. I have tried replacing the internal LCD, and even the replacement wouldn't work. Also replaced the LCD Ribbon cable with no success. My guess is that the LCD connector on the motherboard has went bad. I'll list below some random details about this computer (I will add to this if I think of anything else):

• The LCD probably works, but I have no way to properly test it.
    • The computer works fine, but will not output anything onto the internal LCD. Even a replacement LCD did not fix the issue.
    • HDMI out works as it should. Outputs the display correctly, and the XPS m1530 runs completely fine using this method.
    • XPS is currently a dissambled state (see pics)
    • I am including a power adapter, but it is a 3rd party adapter because the original stopped functioning.
    • The batteries no longer hold a charge. I will be including the original battery and a 3rd party battery I purchased.

This computer would make a great Home Theater PC.

Let me know if there are any questions at all. I've tried to be as open an as honest as possible with the known details of this unit.

2. niffcreature

niffcreature ex computer dyke

Reputations:
    The reason why its not working is because the m1530 whitelists most LCDs. If you have several 15.4" laptops in your house, its worth trying all the LCDs on it. Otherwise you have to buy one specifically for it.

3. danyune

danyune Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    what video is in it?

is it capable of running 1080p videos from the HD thru HDMI without lagging? (assuming 7200rpm HD)

4. James

James Notebook Evangelist NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I started by replacing the inverter on the original LCD, thinking that was the culprit. But that didn't fix the issue. Then I bought a new LCD Ribbon cable because I figured the old one might have finally failed after numerous opening and closing of the lid. Still nothing. I then bought an LCD off of ebay that was marketed toward working in the XPS M1530 for $100. I figured that would fix the problem, but it still didn't work. I ended up returning the LCD to the seller and had to eat about $35 in shipping and restocking fees :mad: .

I'd imagine that it would run fine with a 1080p video. I will give it a test later this evening on my TV through HDMI though just to make sure. It has the 8400gs with 128mb Dedicated memory (just updated the op).

5. mourningstar62

mourningstar62 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    pm sent 10char

6. mourningstar62

mourningstar62 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    any update on this ?

7. cyber16

cyber16 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is this still available?
    I could use it to replace our headless hp 6910p
    Nothing more than a network music server, would be great to be assembled when it arrives, maybe a hobby later to see if i can get the lcd to work
    Feel free to pm if available

8. danyune

danyune Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    hey buddy lemme know if you tested it yet

9. drmrsolds

drmrsolds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.