FS - X200 w/AFFS Mod & Extras $699 Shipped

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by ZaZ, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    1) For sale one ThinkPad X200 with AFFS mod plus much much more

2) The machine is used. It was purchased from the Lenovo Outlet in February of '10. The basic specs are:
    • Machine Type: 7454-CTO
    • CPU: 2.4GHz P8600
    • Memory: 3GB PC3-8500
    • Hard Drive: 160GB 5400RPM
    • LCD: 12" WXGA Hydis HV121WX4-110
    • Wireless: Intel 5300 and Bluetooth
    • Webcam; Yes
    • Batteries: 4, 6, and 9 cells.

Overall the machine is in excellent shape. I've had the WoodPad skin on it since pretty early on. It should like new underneath and it's easily removed if desired. The machine is in excellent cosmetic condition. The screen is bright with no marks or dead/stuck pixels, and it's the AFFS, with a high contrast ratio and wide viewing angles. You won't find this type of screen on another ultraportable. It's pure awesomeness. What can I say? I was watching Kung Fu Panda. Here's my quickie review of the machine if you're interested.

There's just the slightest hint of shine on the spacebar. The only real issue with it is it's missing the ExpressCard slot door. It must have come out when I was upgrading the screen and by the time I noticed it, it had fallen into the where you can't find it. I've been using it this way for a while without any problems. I have a line on a replacement, but won't know for a couple weeks if it's going to come through and I can't say for certain it will. If it does, I'd be happy to pass it along. Otherwise I'm guessing it'll cost about $40 to replace and it wasn't worth $40 to me.

The machine is under warranty until March of '11. Because of the AFFS mod Lenovo may deny warranty coverage. I have no way of knowing what they'll do if it's sent in. This is true of any X20x machine with the AFFS mod, not just mine. You'd still be eligible for replacement parts like keyboards or WiFi cards, but I though it worth mentioning.

I am including this bag if the buyer wants it. It works great with the X200 and the nine cell. I had planned to use it with my X200t, but it's not tall enough for it with the eight-cell battery.

I have all three batteries for the machine. It came with the nine-cell, which has about 76/85w capacity and goes about six hours at medium settings. I also have the genuine Lenovo four-cell battery. It's new with one cycle on it. I bought it days before I got my X200t and I didn't want to cycle it much before I sold it. I also have a knock off six-cell. I've not really used it, but it was 44/47w when I tested it. It does give the Power manager error.

3) Please keep in mind I'm not a great photo taker. The pic doesn't do it justice really.
    [​IMG]

4) $699 for the whole package shipped.

5) I accept confirmed Paypal and USPS money orders.

6) Most likely USPS, though UPS is an option. I may consider shipping overseas if I can allay my concerns about getting paid and shipping. Usually shipping overseas is around $40, though can vary by location. An overseas buyer would be on the hook for any duties or customs taxes associated with the sale.

7) I've been a mod here for 6+ years. I've bought, sold or traded about 15-20 items here over the years.

8) I recently acquired a similar X200t and I have no need for two notebooks of the same size/weight. I though I'd sell this one. Let me know if you've got any questions. I'm happy to answer as best I can. Thanks for looking.

2. cleverpseudonym

cleverpseudonym PG RATED

Reputations:
    for those who are not enlightened, what is the AFFS mod?

3. ZaZ

Reputations:
    The end result is a screen with a very high contrast ratio and wide viewing angles. As you can see in the picture above, the screen is pushed far back and it still looks the same. The only other notebooks you'll see this on a is a few tablets and the HPs 8540w or 8740w, all of which are much more expensive. It's very good for things like photo edit or movie viewing, where a change in position will effect the PQ. This will not happen with this screen.

4. cleverpseudonym

cleverpseudonym PG RATED

Reputations:
    huh pretty awesome IMO, thanks for the explanation.a little out of my price range unfortunately, seems perfect for what i want to do, but alas..... gl sir!

5. ZaZ

Reputations:
    Yeah I hear you. It tough these days, but you're really in my opinion, not going to find something similar for less.

6. arekieh

arekieh Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    No longer sold?
    If its still available please contact me

7. lambrospower

lambrospower Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    is the price the same yet ???? 725usd ?

i am in cyprus. do you ship here ?

8. ZaZ

Reputations:
    Perhaps. How do you propose to pay? If I ship it Cyprus I would ask that you pick up the extra shipping cost. If you're really interested, I can take it to the Post Office to get an estimate.

9. parawizard

parawizard Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If only it had a trackpad :(

10. ZaZ

Reputations:
    I can't really help you on this one. I wasn't really stick person either when I bought it, but it's the perfect ultraportable in every other way, it was easier to overlook this one flaw. Now that I've been using it for a while, I've got used to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.