FS: Parts: (2) ATI 4850 Mobilitys, (1) T9900 3.06 Ghz CPU, (1) 256gb Samsung SSD, (2) M17 Batteries, (1) Corsair 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The price was just 'ok' but the big problem I had is that I never used the wireless and when I went into the office to transfer all the data off the laptop onto my other machine it was then that I figured out that alienware sent me a dead wireless card. :( So I got them sending me a replacement one but who the hell knows how long they will take to get me that. Last time it took 2 weeks to get a replacement battery under warranty :(

The buyer doesnt want to wait until I replace the wireless card, he apparently needs a laptop like asap, so we agreed to end the sale. Alienware put a hold for $7.76 this morning on my CC, so I hope that means the part shipped or is shipping soon. I've had them do that and then 2 weeks later, still no ship :(

oh well, such is life.

Jon

2. 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Reputations:
    You can buy it for 1700 if you like, but it will come with a bad wireless card. :D (could ship you the replacement one when I get it).

Jon

3. cleverpseudonym

cleverpseudonym PG RATED

Reputations:
    thats crazy, ive probably seen 100 laptops though my place and ive never seen a defective Wifi card..AW should be ashamed. what a dummy of the buyer to not wait he got a hell of a deal. im gonna have to pass for now...you should list it in the Market place, you can get the same price for it and save yourself $100 in ebay fees.

4. 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Reputations:
    Yeah I was working frantically on Sunday to get AW support to fix it. They did the whole remote login and whatnot, deleted the drivers, reinstalled, all this software crap, and im like ok.. enough its not software, lets get this fixed.

And then he ordered the replacement.

lol. CleverP you and the big talk about the 1700 bid. lol. No worries.

Jon

5. cleverpseudonym

cleverpseudonym PG RATED

Reputations:
    i had my finger on the trigger but my, brain got the better of me, i like the idea of having the machine more than i really need it, much like you, i dont NEED the 4850's but i want them, i dont NEED the t9900 but i want it. the rest of the machine is identical to mine. so i sat there with the bid typed in with 30 seconds left.,..and i just didn't press confirm.. =0)

6. 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Reputations:
    lol. Well thats what makes all the difference of course, the clicking.

I am going to go back to 3870s and possibly the T9500, I just dont game enough to warrant this kinda hardware. I'll probably end up keeping the lappy.

Jon

7. cq842000

cq842000 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'll take the 4850s, as I have an ocz white book, and I'm currently working on a water-cooling solution.

8. cleverpseudonym

cleverpseudonym PG RATED

Reputations:
    way to bring back an OLD thread. he sold them about 8 months ago.

9. cq842000

cq842000 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the update....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.