FS: Intel Core i7 940XM for sale..!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Sgt., Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaster

blaster 1 tequila, 2,3,4,5, floor

Reputations:
    I smell something funny in here. But it may just be me. :rolleyes:

2. SUADE8880

SUADE8880 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I think I smell the same thing you are smelling so its not just you.:rolleyes:

3. katalin_2003

katalin_2003 NBR Spectre Super Moderator

Reputations:
    lol , whatever It is, it's pretty obvious :D . But who are we?

4. blaster

Reputations:
    indeed :D
    10/char

5. markaznar

markaznar Newbie

Reputations:
    what's fishy? Jesus guys, give the man a break, he is a nice dude, he has kept his word and I already have the tracking number from DHL. The chip will be arriving Wednesday (Hopefully)
    I shall post pictures once I receive it. I shall give my complete feedback once I get the chip working in my sons m15x.
    Until then, peace

6. blaster

Reputations:
    We all are 100% sure that you will get the CPU, no doubt about that :D (and I'm not being sarcastic)

7. Sgt.

Sgt. Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

I would really appreciate it if you guys could be a little more clear about whatever it is that you guys may be smelling..!!! :(

I've already sent the buyer his shipment and paid for extra-priority shipping costs and the deal is already done..!!! So, what's so fishy about that huh..??? The only thing smelling fishy around here "someone's" knack to call someone else fishy or whatever..!!!

8. markaznar

markaznar Newbie

Reputations:
    Calm done Sgt, once I get the chip, first thing I'll do is post some pictures here to make everyone realize that you are 101 percent legit.
    I hope that this world realizes that a little bit of trust goes a long long way.

9. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    I think what is being implied is that this is a potential 2 man job (with the advent of the Internet, it can be done by a singular person) and you suddenly have a buyer who is new to the boards and seems to be your biggest supporter without having even received the product he paid for and even going so far to claim he will then post proof/pics of received product. Even you, yourself, have only been on the boards for a few months and your VERY first post was an attempt to sell a 940xm in the wrong forum (which can be taken either for or against you).

The next logical step in the hypothetical con is he then "receives" said item, posts pics of said item (which is from you), posts glowing reviews of you as a seller, gets other people believing you're legit (I'm not saying you're not, but I'm explaining the process), then they buy from you using similar means if you can hook them and then you scamper off into the night with the money.....

.....or the other classic, you send him a rock. :D

This would be the equivalent of the old school con man trying to woo over a crowd of rightfully wary potential buyers by having a plant in the audience try whatever product he is trying to sell and proclaiming it is the greatest thing since sliced bread which gives the rest of the audience CONfidence to purchase the same product.

The best scenario for you, if this were a con, would be to have several people PM you privately to try to lock down a purchase of their own (since you also have an 'extra') and you sell multiples even at bigger discount (Let's say, oh, $500, $450, etc...) and the buyer keeps quiet excitedly awaiting to receive his major deal item; you then collect the various western union money Xfers and disappear.

Buyers and sellers are wary in this day and age because unethical people rook each other on a daily basis. There's driving a hard bargain, and then there's just outright theft.

On the other hand, if you are a straight up seller and enthusiast, then you are probably perplexed as to why your character and sale is being questioned and attacked so vigorously and without mercy it seems, but many of us who have bought/sold for many years through many venues and have been victims to shady sellers/buyers (along with seeing it happen to others), tend to be able to sniff out MOST questionable posts and buyers/sellers and immediately start picking it apart. For every person commenting on this thread, I guarantee you there are 10 more who are quietly doing their research/drawing their own potential conclusions.

It's just the way it is man, and it is a form of self policing the forums.

10. markaznar

markaznar Newbie

Reputations:
    Wow that was a long post. Anyway, all I can say is this, I'll post my review when I get it hopefully on wednesday. And also, I am not him that's for sure, I have 5000 friends over at Facebook who can verify me, markaznar@gmail.com, check me out.
    The post reminded me so much of Agatha Christie mystery novels though, I love a good mystery book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.