FS: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Box eGPU (modded) GV-N1080IXEB-8GD

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by silverwolf0, Dec 5, 2018.

1. silverwolf0

silverwolf0 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sold

GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Box eGPU (modded) GV-N1080IXEB-8GD

Price: $500 USD shipped

Condition: Used

Warranty: None

Reason for sale: Downsizing

Payment: PayPal

Item location: Houston, Texas, United States

Shipping: usps
    International shipping: No
    Handling time: Ships within next business day of receiving cleared payment

Feedback: eBay Feedback Profile, HeatWare Feedback Profile, https://swappa.com/user/BQU354/profile

Specifications: Embedded Geforce GTX 1080 enables graphics-intensive game and VR experience
    Thunderboltâ„¢ 3 plug and play
    Easy to carry with portable size
    Supports Quick Charge (QC 3.0) and Power Delivery (PD 3.0)
    Supports 3x USB 3.0 for peripheral devices
    RGB fusion - 16.7M Customizable Color Lighting

GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Box in great condition with some modifications to reduce noise. The aorus gaming boxes are known to have really annoying and whine-y PSU fans. I originally wanted to swap out the PSU fan along with the two side fans with slower spinning scythe mini KAZE fans but turns out all the fan headers use an obscure JST PH header which required me to cut the connectors from the original fans and splice them to connect, which was ultimately in vain as the scythe fans needed 12v to run and the aorus fan headers were only 5v. I then removed the top of the PSU and left it exposed behind the grille and attached a 140mm ac infinity usb fan. The fan covers the entire PSU and turns on with the system, powered by a USB port in the back. It was significantly quieter afterward and even quieter than my ps4. I've tested the system for many hours of gaming with no stability issues.

Be warned that, like all egpus, the standard is still finicky and the pairing process and reconnecting process is different on every laptop. I've tried three different laptops and had different experiences for each. Some required plugging in several times or even restarting to reconnect while others had no issue. Two lane thunderbolt is also not an issue unless you plan to use the laptop display instead of an external one. Just throwing this out there as I cannot provide technical support and the buyer should be somewhat tech savvy enough to figure out how to make it work with their laptop. It is not quite a plug and play solution for any egpu currently.

Along with the gaming box you will get the usb fan as well as the original fans, which have clipped connectors and will require splicing them back to new JST PH connectors to work again. Also comes with the unused carrying case and the removed PSU top and the accompanying screws, along with original power cable and usb-c cable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. silverwolf0

silverwolf0 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Price drop