FS/FT: Mac Pro 3.1

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by daver160, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daver160

daver160 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mac Pro 3.1

Price: SOLD

Condition: Used

Warranty: None

Payment: PayPal, Cash (if meet in person)

Item location: Vancouver, Canada

Shipping: Local pickup, Postal service
    International shipping: Yes
    Handling time: Ships within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

Specifications: I inherited a Mac Pro 3.1, and thought I'd play around with it a bit. After all the complications of getting OS X and screwing around with the machine for a few days, I see no need for this behemoth. It's wasted on me, sadly. I'm hoping someone else will have a good use for this workhorse!

Comes with a completely fresh copy of El Capitan (I can also provide a DMG of the USB installer). Brief specs are:
    -2x Intel Xeon E5462
    -4GB DDR2
    -Nvidia 8800GT
    -1x 500GB (but has all 4 hard drive sleds)
    -AirPort card for 802.11 g/n
    -Apple RAID card, disconnected. Warnings about the battery, but the card works.

The case is dusty inside in some places, but there's no damage to it anywhere. Just needs some spit shine.

I'd very much prefer a local pickup, but I'm not against shipping if somebody really wants this. I'm going to say this up front: I will use UPS for packaging and shipping this tower, so shipping will be expensive.

I can provide the serial number and other details upon request.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    These things are selling like hot cakes in Europe, and are somewhat rare... only becomes rarer as time advances.

My personal recommendation would to keep it for the glory, and resell as a vintage within a few years. If you can.

daver160 and Dr. AMK like this.
  3. daver160

daver160 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks for the idea of hanging on to it as vintage. I was thinking the same thing, but unfortunately it's huge! My apartment isn't especially large, so it takes up quite a bit of space. I'm trying to find space in my closet, but I also won't be upset if I sell it for very little now and that same buyer sells it for way more later on.

Also, I'd feel bad for it to just sit in the closet unused. I'd prefer to find somebody who has a use for this tower, than let it collect dust!

jaug1337 and Dr. AMK like this.
  4. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Best of luck selling it, I would purchase it in a heartbeat, unfortunately the shipping cost to Europe would amount to nothing less than a small fortune. At least for me.

daver160 and Dr. AMK like this.
  5. daver160

daver160 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The Mac has been sold

jaug1337 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.