FS: FS: MSI GT62VR 6RD + (Tornado F5 Kit)

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by Semmy, May 25, 2021.

1. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    MSI GT62VR 6RD + (Tornado F5 Kit)

Price: $1100 USD
    Condition: Used
    Warranty: None
    Reason for sale: Need money
    Payment: Novaposhta (OLX delivery)
    Item location: Ukraine
    Shipping: Postal service
    International shipping: No
    Handling time: Ships within 3 business days of receiving cleared payment

Specifications: Inel Core i7 6700HQ
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 RAM
    nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
    1920x1080 60Hz Display IPS
    128GB SSD PLEXTOR PX-128M6G+
    1TB HDD\SSD TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100H (hybrid)
    No OS
    230w AC Adapter, standard MSI

Tornado F5 Kit:
    1. MS-16L11 motherboard for Tornado F5
    2. Top case Tornado F5 (All inclusive)
    3. Keyboard
    4. Touchpad
    5. Connectors
    6. Speakers
    7. Power-on board (MS-16L1A)
    8. Audio board (MS-16L12)
    9. CPU Heatsink for Tornado F5 (Custom mod)
    10. GPU Heatsink for Tornado F5\GT62, 1060/1070
    11. CPU Heatsink for GT62
    12. Heat Pipes (4*6mm, 250\300mm)
    13. second Power-on board (MS-16L1A)

Selling MSI GT62 and an additional set. For sale only all together. The laptop has mod fans from the asus. Also mod a cover with holes for fans. Additionally, the Tornado f5 motherboard, top case and all spare parts for it. Also additionally heatsinks for CPU and GPU Tornado. I made the heat sink for the Tornado myself for a very long and difficult time. It is completely disassembled and can be modified at your discretion. A total of 6 heat pipes can be installed.
    All of Heatsink are 5 units, 2 of them are installed in GT62.
    The laptop can be disassembled and reassembled with spare parts and a Tornado mobo. Everything has been tested, it works in both versions.

On the Tornado motherboard, Coffee-mod bios is flashed (6-9 generations)
    Older (above) processors require a pin mod. But some can be installed without it, for example, the G5600F works without a pin mod.

There is a separate mini radiator (mod) for the gpu mosfets. Below in the photo it will be seen, a temporary solution, but it worked without problems. To install, you need to take this aluminum plate and press it with the GPU heatsink. Then install 2 square rubber bands on top and press the bottom cover of the laptop. You can also install a copper radiator instead of it.
    The photo of the processor heatsink shows the remains of black paint and glue from the adhesive tape, everything is fine with it. There is a separate photo without paint. Also, in some places, an insulating tape is glued, this is a short circuit protection.

When installing parts from the Tornado, the left port usb 2.0 will be absent. Since the Tornado does not have a separate board for USB 2.0, which is on the GT62. And it connects to audio board 62. Tornado has a different audio board. And therefore, do not connect other boards from 62 to Tornado. They have a different circuitry. The switching board from 62 also does not fit the Tornado. Therefore, there are 2 complete mini-board kits here, for each laptop.
    Second Power-on board (MS-16L1A) I bought it, but I didn’t need it, I didn’t start it.
    Disadvantages, there is one broken mount at the top for 62, and one at the bottom (for the Tornado it was bought in this state). Seen in the photo, circled in red. Not critical, everything is holding up perfectly
    The power supply fits both boards.

I can send only within Ukraine Novaposhta (OLX delivery), perhaps you have friends or relatives here who can buy and then give it to you if you are from another country.

Also additional photos of some tests, bios and the inside of the laptop in 2 versions for 62 and Tornado.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  2. Semmy

Reputations:
    2 times FS in the title. I can't edit this. I did everything according to the instructions. Please fix it if possible. Thank you :)

3. FrozenLord

FrozenLord Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey there,

would you be willing to sell just the F5 custom heatsink?
    My F5 is running rather warm on its CPU and I am currently wondering about various mods.
    The custom heatsink would go very nicely with them :)

4. Semmy

Reputations:
    Hi. No, unfortunately this is not sold in parts.
    I can tell you from which parts it can be made, and where I ordered it. In addition, you need to make sure that the problem is not in your processor (with a uneven chip) causing overheating.

If the chip is uneven, then cooling (heat sink) will not help. Because the cpu chip does not have a full contact with a cover. I had a processor like this (hump in the center) and it overheated quickly.

Something like this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    FrozenLord likes this.
  5. FrozenLord

FrozenLord Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That would be great.
    I am planning on sanding my IHS and mess a bit with the heatsink, but having that option as well would be great.

6. Semmy

Reputations:
    1. Heat pipes ( need to choose Round) - 4 pcs 250 mm, 4 pcs 300 mm ( just in case).
    https://aliexpress.ru/item/32980154...108.1000016.1.ac4763deV9I0BQ&isOrigTitle=true
    2. Copper block - 6holes 1150 1151 1155 platform copper plywood block for diameter 6mm heat pipe. There may be different prices for different sellers.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/273777885682
    3. Radiator - Zalman CNPS8000 (You will need 2 of these), or others at discretion. Was looking for it Used on OLX.
    4. Pipe bender - YATO (YT-21840) (Pipe diameter: 6 mm (1/4 ″), 8 mm (5/16 ″), 10 mm (3/8 ″). Bend angle: 180 °. Bend material: soft copper, brass , aluminum, mild thin-walled steel. For bending pipes.

Long and hard work to cut and separate the radiator fins from the heat pipes Zalman CNPS8000. You may need a screwdriver, scissors for metal, and other tools, machine oil for easier removal. Selection of the optimal mount for the copper block. Leveling with a hammer, vise. Then cutting off the excess with a grinder, also cutting holes for the screws with a grinder. Or, if desired, drilling holes with a drill.

Before you start bending the heat pipes, you can take a small wire of 2-3 mm, and measure the required distance from the copper block to the radiator, and bend it with a pipe bend. In order not to spoil the heat pipes. You should take into account that the length of the heat pipes will be less along the inner radius (2 x 250mm). And along the outer radius, the length will be greater (2 x 300mm)
    Then the selection of the optimal size for the mod-heatsink in the laptop case. And the final assembly.

But if you know how to solder, you can buy flat heat pipes, and a heatsink without holes (preferably copper, for better thermal conductivity). Then solder the heat pipes to the radiator, or solder round heat pipes. This will increase the heat transfer efficiency.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    FrozenLord likes this.