FS: For Free, just pay shipping for Old Ram

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by darkloki, Jul 6, 2020.

1. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hello I've recently upgraded my significant other's Macbook Pro that she used in college in 2012 so as you can imagine it's a bit dated. Anyways I moved her from 4 gb's of ram to 8 I think so I have these 2 sticks of 2gb each for free. You just have to pay shipping. I'm willing to ship this internationally but I warn you shipping isn't going to be cheap to do that so you'll have to pay for that*

Generally I'd just throw these things into the trash or something but figured that someone could perhaps use this.

So first come first serve but please allow users who actually want to use this ram have first dibs as compared to "Resellers"

My name might be hard to see but it's in small print above "Old Ram For Free"
    [​IMG]

t456 and alaskajoel like this.
  2. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Not to threadjack, but hackintoshed your RB or just running a mac skin on windows?

3. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would love to know if a razer blade 2019 advance can manage an OSX....

4. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's a Hackintosh fully functional and working... Had to downgrade the wifi to Broadcom to support wifi though and dual booth the system. Speakers are working but not as loud as I would like/prefer. System is fully functional, currently on the fence about possibly getting the OLED version and doing that.

I used OpenCore Catalina

electrosoft likes this.
  5. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wow! How complicated to install? I was considering a razer blade advance with 2060, but it seemed extra complex to do it :(

6. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I did it in about 8 hours I think maybe 6? Have to reinstall windows as well and setup the dual boot and install OSX and install all of the drivers or Kexts. On both Windows and OSX side. People flip their **** when they see my Black Macbook Pro

electrosoft and ssj92 like this.