FS: Eurocom Tornado F5 (MSI 16L13)

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by Skylake_, May 10, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skylake_

Skylake_ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Eurocom Tornado F5

Price: SOLD WITH SSD!

Condition: Used, very good cosmetic and working condition.
    Warranty: ends June 2019 c/o Eurocom Europe
    Reason for sale: No Longer Needed / Exchange to lighter notebook
    Payment: PayPal, Bankwire transfer.
    Shipping: DHL, UPS or similar Express Postal Service in Italy, Europe and United Kingdom.
    International shipping: Europe, United Kingdom.
    Handling time: Ships within 2 business day after receiving cleared payment
    but I usually sell and buy stuff on other forums like HwUpgrade Italy, and on Ebay; here you can see feedback and links. - Ebay profile and feedbacks.

Specifications:. I purchased it in June 2017 from Eurocom Europe directly, with Intel 6700K, GTX 1080, 4k IPS Matte panel, "No Logo" option for back side of display (only a little logo under the screen), 8 GB RAM and no Hard Drive. It's still in warranty until the end of June 2019.

I sell it with some additions to the original configurations:
    - a M.2 NVME Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB SSD as system disk;
    - a second stick of 8 GB 2400 DDR RAM (so the total amount is 16 GB 2400 MHz dual channel RAM), which were not included in the original order.

I also applied the "more breathe mod" to the back panel, opening 2 56mm holes and adding grids to allow more airflow to fans (thanks to @Mr. Fox for suggesting this mod, it was worth it, even more if you use a cooling pad during gaming!).
    I replaced the CPU Fan in March 2018 with another original one shipped by Eurocom, because the original one was starting to be noisy.

I always used a Crampler protection between screen and keyboard when closing the laptop and travelling around, and the back lid has still the original protection film, so the laptop is in nearly mint condition.

I bought LM paste Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut and a special 3d printed delidding tool,but I never use them, so the PC was not delidded or repasted. I'm giving them as gift if you want to delid the CPU.
    Note that Conductonaut LM paste is not compatible with alluminium heatsink, in case you want to use it not for delidding.

PHOTO GALLERIES with other views and hdd benchmarks:
    https://imgur.com/a/ssojYmk
    https://imgur.com/a/di32urU

Laptop Specs and shipment/sale config:

Eurocom Tornado F5

• Chassis: Aluminium Alloy (Back Cover and Top Case) and German manufactured resins (Front Cover and Bottom Case)
    • Chipset: High Performance Intel Z170 Express Chipset
    • Processor: Socket based; LGA1151; Intel Core i7 6700K (4 GHz)
    • VGA Technology: upgradeable MXM 3.0; NVIDIA GeForce: GTX 1080; discrete GPU only (no Optimus)
    • Memory: Four 260-pin SODIMM sockets; DDR4-2133/2400; 16 GB DDR4 2400 Dual Channel.
    • Storage: up to 12TB with 3 physical drives: 2x M.2 2280 PCIe x2/x4 or SATA SSD and 1x HDD/SSD (9.5mm) SATA3 6Gb/s; RAID 0/1 with 2x NVMe SSDs.
    • - M.2 NVME Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB SSD as system disk;
    • Card Reader: 6-in-1: UHS-II interface; MMC/RSMMC/SD/mini SD/SDHC/SDXC; Push-Push
    • Keyboard and Touchpad: Italian QWERTY Keyboard; Anti-ghosting backlit multi-colour 7-colour keyboard with seperate numeric keypad; TouchPad with multi-gesture and scrolling; W/A/S/D Gaming key
    • Ports: 3x USB 3.0; 1x USB 3.1 type C (Thunderbolt 3); 1x miniDP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 1x Headphone; 1x Microphone-in; 1x S/PDIF (digital); 1x Line-in; 1x RJ-45 LAN; 1x DC-in
    • Audio: High Definition Audio; S/PDIF Digital Output; Built in microphone; Built in two 2W speakers; Sound Blaster X-FI MB3; External 7.1CH output (headphone, mic, line-in and S/PDIF).
    • Display : IPS 4K 3840x2160 @ 60Hz
    • Wi-Fi Intel 8260 AC WiFi
    • Battery: 8 cells; 14.4V 5225mAh/75.24Wh Li-Ion; up to 130 minutes
    • Weight: 2.92kg / 6.45 lbs w/ battery
    • PSU: Auto Switching 110-220V 330W unit
    • Dimensions: 390x266x39.8mm / 15.6x10.64x1.59-inch

Laptop will ship in original Eurocom box that it arrived in.
    I offer and I demand seriousness
    The laptop is 100% working and you have also warranty cover in case of problems from here to June 2019.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    FrozenLord, sicily428, Desosx and 3 others like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Good luck on the sale of your little beast! Someone will get a great machine.

Skylake_ and Dr. AMK like this.
  3. Skylake_

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Skylake_

Reputations:
    Daily bump!

5. Skylake_

Reputations:
    Daily bump

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  6. Skylake_

Reputations:
  7. Skylake_

Reputations:
    Bump with price cut!

\

Remember: shipment included, with the original box; warranty valid until the end of June 2019 c/o Eurocom Europe.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  8. Skylake_

Reputations:
    Bump with price cut!

-

Remember: shipment included, with the original box; warranty valid until the end of June 2019 c/o Eurocom Europe.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    FrozenLord and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. FrozenLord

FrozenLord Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi there,

that's a really nice laptop you've got there :)
    Could you please help me by answering the following questions?
    - is the BIOS unlocked?
    - is the CPU delidded? (you are offering the tool, but I am unsure whether it has been delidded in the past)
    - how are the temps of the CPU and GPU after some gaming? (e.g. Battlefield 1, PUBG, …)
    - are there dead or stuck pixels?
    - have there been any problems with the laptop so far?

Thank you.

Skylake_ likes this.
  10. Skylake_

Reputations:
    Hi there, thank you for posting!

The BIOS is the original one, but you can get the unlocked version from Eurocom and - or install the Prema BIOS if you need unlocked functions. For me, it was enough as it is and I didn't feel pleasant to pay extra money for an unlocked BIOS...

With original BIOS the maximum speed for RAM modules is 2400 MHz (the two modules installed are 2400). The first module came with the PC, I installed the second one because from my dealer was cheaper than from Eurocom, but is exactly the same model, so the two modules are twin brothers. The SSD NVME 960 Evo was installed by me, too, because I already owned it.

I never unlocked, repasted or delidded the PC at the moment because performance and temperatures are fine for me.
    The Drako Delid kit and the paste were destined to delid the CPU, but then I got the impression that modifying the CPU lid on warranty wasn't a good idea for me :D.
    Because they aren't expensive but useless if you haven't LGA CPUs, I'm selling them with the machine.

During game (for istance, Ark Survival Evolved), CPU temps rarely overtake 80°C. GPU tends to go further, towards 85-86°C max. Keep in account that Ark is such a bloatware, unoptimized game, in fact other games such as Star Wars BFII doesn't stress temps so much. Using cooling pad and-or keeping fans at 100% improves the situation.
    Usually, CPU fan doesn't reach maximum rpm in Auto mode, instead the GPU fan reaches max rpm after 10 minutes. With the "Silent Option" app you can modify fan curve settings and improve cooling even further (and at this point you are probably going to use headphones, LOL).

The display seems to be fine with no stuck-dead pixels. It's a QFHD display so pixels are very tiny!

The only issue I had at the moment is that the CPU fan (the one under the numpad) started making clicking noise in February; Eurocom sent me a new one in a few days by shipment and I replaced it in a couple of minutes. After installing it, i realized that this one is more silent than the original.

GPU fan is fine, and that is curious because usually is the GPU fan to run faster and not the CPU one.

With exception for CPU fan that was replaced, the overall quality and reliability of this machine is OK.

Feel free to ask more details if you want - need!

FrozenLord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.